`Outed' SBC pastor ordained by UCC
- EDITORIAL. Barrett, Lee // Prism: A Theological Forum for the United Church of Christ;Fall2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the principles on the United Church of Christ, the Christian mission and junction of theological confidence and pastoral obligations.
- SHORT TAKES: Chicago. // Advocate;12/11/80, Issue 307, p13
Reports on the publication of guidelines for local churches to use in deciding whether to ordain openly gay pastors by the United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois. Subjection of gay and lesbian persons to same understanding, procedures and criteria for ordination.
- Presbyterian compromise. Dart, John // Christian Century;7/11/2006, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the compromise voted upon by Presbyterians to allow exceptions to the ban on ordaining gay clergy. The impetus behind the decision in the case of otherwise qualified candidates who disagree in conscience with the ban, was poignantly expressed at the Presbyterian Church...
- Canadian Church OKs Gay Clergy; Rift May Result. Harding, Rick // Advocate;10/11/88, Issue 509, p14
Reports that leaders of the United Church of Canada has voted to allow gays to become member of the clergy. Overview of the resolution; Opposition to the ordination of gays.
- Gay minister's ordination affirmed. // Advocate;8/1/73, Issue 117, p11
Reports on the ordination of gay minister Tom Maurer by the Twin Cities West Association of the United Church of Christ in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Career background; Involvement of Maurer in the human sexuality program of the University of Minnesota Medical School; Reason of the Twin Cities for...
- Johnson says church still major oppressor. // Advocate;8/1/73, Issue 117, p11
Focuses on the views of William R. Johnson, the first openly gay priest of the United Church of Christ (UCC), that the Christian church is the major oppressor of gay people. Denouncement of the church as a highly sexist theology; Commentary on the religious life of gays; Appreciation of Johnson...
- Prebyterians Void Ban on Gay Clergy. Kennedy, John W. // Christianity Today;8/6/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p22
Cites the disappointment of conservatives in the Presbyterian Church in the United States after a vote to overturn a ban on ordaining homosexual clergy. Details on the voting during an assembly in June 2001; Information on the creation of the Confessing Church Movement; Issues raised about...
- What's happening with the study on sexuality and ordination? // Network News;Winter94, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p25
Calls for reports on studies conducted in Presbyterian churches on the issue of ordination of homosexuals. Contact information.
- Jesuit official protesting expected Vatican ban on gay priests. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/6/2005, Issue 928, p26
Reports on the objection of Reverend Gerald Chojnacki, the head of the New York Province of the Society of Jesus, about an upcoming Vatican document reinforcing Roman Catholic teaching restricting gays in the priesthood. Impact of the ruling on good priests and the Catholic faithful;...