`Outed' SBC pastor ordained by UCC
- Gay minister's ordination affirmed. // Advocate;8/1/73, Issue 117, p11
Reports on the ordination of gay minister Tom Maurer by the Twin Cities West Association of the United Church of Christ in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Career background; Involvement of Maurer in the human sexuality program of the University of Minnesota Medical School; Reason of the Twin Cities for...
- Canadian Church OKs Gay Clergy; Rift May Result. Harding, Rick // Advocate;10/11/88, Issue 509, p14
Reports that leaders of the United Church of Canada has voted to allow gays to become member of the clergy. Overview of the resolution; Opposition to the ordination of gays.
- Ordaining Gay and Lesbian Priests in Norway. Croft, Brian // Whosoever;May/Jun99, pN.PAG
Reports on the options of the Lutheran Church for the ordination of gay and lesbian priests in Norway. Rejection of openly gay priests; Acceptance of gay priests like heterosexual priests.
- Anglican turmoil over gays. Swing, William E. // Bay Area Reporter;7/14/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p6
Focuses on the inclusion of openly gay and lesbian people in ordination, blessing of couples and adoption of children by a small number of Anglican provinces. Revolution in the world of religion concerning the status of homosexual persons; Creation of policy for consecrating same-sex couples by...
- Bi-Mentality: Dealing with Sexuality and Church Polity. . Dempsey, Marirose K. // Empty Closet;Aug2006, Issue 393, p6C
The article discusses the author's participation in a discussion on the homosexual ordination provision of the Final Report on the Peace, Unity and Purity for the Presbyterian Church at a general assembly held in Birmingham, Alabama. The report instructed presbyteries to treat homosexual...
- EDITORIAL. Barrett, Lee // Prism: A Theological Forum for the United Church of Christ;Fall2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the principles on the United Church of Christ, the Christian mission and junction of theological confidence and pastoral obligations.
- SHORT TAKES: Chicago. // Advocate;12/11/80, Issue 307, p13
Reports on the publication of guidelines for local churches to use in deciding whether to ordain openly gay pastors by the United Church of Christ in Chicago, Illinois. Subjection of gay and lesbian persons to same understanding, procedures and criteria for ordination.
- Ordination of Gay Clergy: Guide to Critical Analysis. // Points of View: Ordination of Gay Clergy;3/1/2016, p4
This article offers a critical guide to the controversial issue of the ordination of gay priests. The article discusses criteria in understanding the issue, such as distinguishing between fact and opinion and recognizing point and counterpoint arguments. Also presented are exercises that help...
- ELCA calls for some leeway on gay clergy. Dart, John // Christian Century;2/8/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the call by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) for leniency on gay clergy and same-sex marriage in February 2005. Disagreements in the position of the church concerning same-sex intimacy; Change in the church ban on ordination of non-celibate gay pastors; Comments of...