Frequent-visitor status for 13% of Canadians
Tags: HEALTH surveys
- Yet another study--should you pay attention? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Sep98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
Presents ways which can be helpful to individuals when deciding the value of health studies. Reference to the headlines of three newspapers pertaining to the findings of a research involving hot dogs; Questions which should be answered to determine the importance of studies. INSET:...
- Health care barometer. // AHA News;05/11/98, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p4
Presents results of the Kaiser/Commonwealth 1997 National Survey of Health Insurance and the Commonwealth Fund Survey of Health Care in New York City, 1997.
- What was the question? Althaus, Frances A. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p99
Examines how some items used in demographic and health surveys may be difficult for some respondents to understand as seen by female interviewers from the 1996 Nepal Family Health Survey. Some of the most frequently asked questions that respondents may find embarrassing to answer.
- NHANES research topics solicited for 1997. Smith, Sandra S. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p593
Informs that the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) is soliciting suggestions for topics to be considered in planning the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) for 1997. Address and information on submitting suggestions; Deadline.
- Improving representation of linguistic minorities in health surveys. Turner, Charles F.; Rogers, Susan M. // Public Health Reports;May/Jun96, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p276
Reports the results of a study designed to test the feasibility of using a multilingual audio computer-assisted self-interviewing (Audio-CASI) technique to include Spanish-speaking respondents in a brief health survey. Successful use of Audio-CASI with respondents; Reliability of Audio-CASI...
- America's Healthiest Cities. Horn, Clare // Natural Health;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p68
Presents results of a survey on America's healthiest city. Air Quality in Washington D.C.; Water quality in Seattle, Washington; Encouragement to restaurants serving vegetarian food. INSETS: WHAT WE MEASURED;HOW TO LIVE NATURALLY HEALTHY ANYWHERE;OUR HOLISTIC HALL OF SHAME.
- Dutchess Health 2000 releases facts on completion of health assessment. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/2/95 - 10/9/95, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p14
Reports that the Dutchess Health 2000 has released the findings of a recent survey conducted to assess the health habits of residents of Dutchess County, New York. History of the organization; Phases of the community health assessment.
- State to join study of HMO roles with specialists. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;07/14/97, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p30
Presents information on a survey project called `Consumer Health Access' which is used to determine how members of health maintenance organizations (HMO) gain access to medical specialist, to be carried out on persons living in San Diego, California. Participants of the study listed; Comments...
- Health risk factor surveys of commercial plan-and Medicaid-enrolled members of health-maintenance... // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;10/3/1997, Vol. 46 Issue 39, p923
Summarizes telephone surveys by Michigan Consortium for Quality Improvement in Health Care from April-August 1995 to evaluate the health-risk profiles of commercial plan-and Medicaid-enrolled health-maintenance organization (HMO) members in Michigan. Information on behavioral risk factors...