- Consortium wins two plant power contracts. // Modern Power Systems;Mar95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the contract granted to an Italian-German consortium to construct two power plants in Lebanon. Building of the plants in stages by consortium members Ansaldo and Siemens AG; Finance for the projects from loans and grants from different countries.
- NEWS. // Utility Week;7/23/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
This section offers news briefs pertaining to the utility sector in Great Britain, including South West Regional Development Agency's confirmation of the installation of the 42 million British pounds Wave Hub off the Cornish coast, a deal signed by Scottish and Southern Energy's renewables arm...
- SWOT Analysis. // Pepco Holdings SWOT Analysis;April 2005, p5
Provides information about the energy holding firm Pepco Holdings Inc. in Washington D.C. Strengths and weaknesses; Alliance of the firm with Siemens AG; compliance of the company with regulations.
- Untitled. // Utility Week;4/11/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p5
This section offers news briefs related to British utilities. A planning application was submitted by Eon for the Humber Gateway offshore windfarm. Contracts were signed by Severn Power with Siemens to design, build and manage the group's planned combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) plant at...
- Resignalling deal. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2005, Vol. 161 Issue 7, p390
The article reports on the selection by Network Rail of Siemens for a �50 million resignalling of the Portsmouth, Fratton and Havant area in Great Britain. A new centre at Havant will control 131 signals and 47 turnouts over 93 track-km. Siemens is to supply a Simis W computer-based...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p24
Presents news briefs on public utilities in the Middle East as of February 11, 2005. Terms of the subcontracts placed by Siemens, the engineering, procurement and construction contractor for Qatar's second independent water and power project in Ras Laffan; Extension of the bid closing date for...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/27/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 21, p24
Presents news briefs concerning the public utilities in the Middle East as of June 2005. Acquisition of the build-own-operate-transfer Sidi Krier power project in Egypt by Globeleq; Plans of the World Bank to hold a donor meeting for the planned Red Sea-Dead Sea Conveyor project; Intention of...
- Siemens in Pakistan. // Economic Review (05318955);Jul97, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on the business and manufacturing operations of Siemens AG in Pakistan. Background on Siemens' entry in Pakistan market since 1870; Structural setup; Sectors where Siemens has concerns; Manufacturing programs; Contribution to the local economic growth; Major projects.
- England wins battle for new Siemens fab. Starling, Andrew // Solid State Technology;Oct95, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p46
Reports on Siemens' plan to construct a semiconductor production facility in England. Great Britain's incentive package for the company; Features of the proposed facility; Siemens' expansion plans in Austria and Germany.