`The best, worst advice I've ever received as a pharmacist'
- Ask your pharmacist. // Current Health 1;Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the functions of a pharmacist. Advising people regarding over-the-counter drugs; Preventing harmful drug combinations; Generic drugs; Types of cough medicines.
- Are there options when your license is suspended? Baker, Ken // Drug Topics;5/5/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p53
Discusses legal options for U.S. pharmacists whose licenses have been suspended in the state where they practice pharmacy. Pharmacy jobs which do not require a license; Need for developing a comprehensive plan for the immediate future; Importance of knowing and following rules.
- Thoughts on the ACP --ASIM position paper on pharmacist scope of practice. Woods, Mark; Milburn, Leigh A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p608
Reports on the position paper 'Pharmacist Scope of Practice' by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine (ACP-ASIM) related to the role of two physician-based organizations. Thoughts shared by authors in the paper; Effect of pharmacy automation on pharmacy...
- R.Ph.s can make their way beyond traditional practice. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;11/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p43
Looks at the job of registered pharmacists. Diversity of customers and services; Experiences of various practitioners; Societies and organizations in the field.
- N.C. pharmacists now can bill for services. // Drug Topics;8/7/95, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p7
Reports that North Carolina registered pharmacists can bill third parties for services performed within their scope of practice, except for initial counseling required by state or federal law.
- Pro bono--these R.Ph.s go the extra mile for their patients. DeBenedette, Valerie // Drug Topics;10/7/96 Supplement, Vol. 140 Issue 19, p14S
Relates on the stories of two pharmacists who take extra steps in caring. Service on medical missions; Giving pharmacy goods for the fire and flood devastated families; Motivators of the good deeds.
- Can you produce credentials if managed care asks? // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p40
Presents information on pharmacists focusing on credentials. Details on the National Association of Chain Drug Stores pharmacy conference held in Boston; Focus of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA); Comments from Edward Porcaro, president and chief executive officer of...
- Today's R.Ph. must reconcile bottom line with high purpose. Tarlach, Gemma M. // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p58
Presents information on the roles played by pharmacists. Issues facing pharmacist in 1997; Information on the Pharmacy Practice Activity Classification (PPAC) project; Comments from Holly Strom president of the California State Board of Pharmacy.
- 2020 vision: Pharmacist care is in pharmacy's future if... Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;10/6/97, Vol. 141 Issue 19, p62
Focuses on pharmacist care in the year 2020. Comments from Tery Baskin, president of Pharmacy Associates; Identification of the influences of health-system pharmacy; Information on the technology opportunities offered to pharmacist.