`The best, worst advice I've ever received as a pharmacist'
- Ask your pharmacist. // Current Health 1;Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the functions of a pharmacist. Advising people regarding over-the-counter drugs; Preventing harmful drug combinations; Generic drugs; Types of cough medicines.
- Are there options when your license is suspended? Baker, Ken // Drug Topics;5/5/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p53
Discusses legal options for U.S. pharmacists whose licenses have been suspended in the state where they practice pharmacy. Pharmacy jobs which do not require a license; Need for developing a comprehensive plan for the immediate future; Importance of knowing and following rules.
- Thoughts on the ACP --ASIM position paper on pharmacist scope of practice. Woods, Mark; Milburn, Leigh A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p608
Reports on the position paper 'Pharmacist Scope of Practice' by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine (ACP-ASIM) related to the role of two physician-based organizations. Thoughts shared by authors in the paper; Effect of pharmacy automation on pharmacy...
- R.Ph.s can make their way beyond traditional practice. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;11/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p43
Looks at the job of registered pharmacists. Diversity of customers and services; Experiences of various practitioners; Societies and organizations in the field.
- N.C. pharmacists now can bill for services. // Drug Topics;8/7/95, Vol. 139 Issue 15, p7
Reports that North Carolina registered pharmacists can bill third parties for services performed within their scope of practice, except for initial counseling required by state or federal law.
- Research supports use of consultant pharmacists. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;1/8/96, Vol. 140 Issue 1, p76
Reports that consultant pharmacy services can cut long-term care costs without reducing the quality of care. Cost savings; Information as a marketable product; Recommendation by consultant pharmacists to change or stop drug therapy.
- Gotcha! // Drug Topics;4/22/96, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p72
Presents various comments heard by pharmacists from patients with regard to filling up a drug prescription.
- How I would encourage pharmaceutical care if I were the president of a pharmaceutical company. Ludwig, Karen // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p52
Presents the ideas of the author if she were the president of a pharmaceutical company. Role of pharmaceutical care in the well-being of patients; Type of promotional items pharmaceutical companies should distribute; Employee incentive programs.
- Board official bewails emasculation of R.Ph. license. McCann, Brian // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p24
Expresses concerns that a state license may not be enough to practice pharmacy in the United States. Industry-driven accreditation beyond state licenses which are needed for some reimbursements; Certificates to pharmacists who work in Medicine Shoppe outlets; Organizations which are expanding...
- Search is on. // Drug Topics;5/6/96, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p34
Reports that the Connecticut Pharmacists Association is looking for an executive vice president to replace Daniel Leone.