`The best, worst advice I've ever received as a pharmacist'
- Ask your pharmacist. // Current Health 1;Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the functions of a pharmacist. Advising people regarding over-the-counter drugs; Preventing harmful drug combinations; Generic drugs; Types of cough medicines.
- Are there options when your license is suspended? Baker, Ken // Drug Topics;5/5/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p53
Discusses legal options for U.S. pharmacists whose licenses have been suspended in the state where they practice pharmacy. Pharmacy jobs which do not require a license; Need for developing a comprehensive plan for the immediate future; Importance of knowing and following rules.
- New technology expanding R.Ph.s' role in health systems. Vecchione, Anthony // Drug Topics;5/19/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 10, HEALTH-SYSTEM PHARMACIST p52
Explores factors that influence the expansion of the scope of health-system pharmacists in the U.S. Integration of clinical pharmacy with laboratory information systems; Implementation of computerized physician order entry; Bedside bar-code scanning.
- Pharmacist claims firing over breast-feeding. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;5/19/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p44
Discusses a case filed by a pharmacist against her employer for wrongful termination in Arizona. Short breaks taken by the pharmacist to pump breast milk for her baby; Absence of law that protects breastfeeding mothers in Arizona; Arbitration session.
- Arkansas heats up Pharm. D. issue again. // Drug Topics;9/6/93, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p6
Belies rumors on the state of Arkansas' endowment of Pharm D. degrees to all its pharmacists degrees. Licensed pharmacists' as the only authorized to use the title Pharm D.; State senator and pharmacist Reid Holliman's campaign to have persons with Bachelor of Science degrees eligible as...
- Heroes aren't free. Plagakis, Jim // Drug Topics;9/20/93, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p26
Opinion. Discusses reasons why patients consider pharmacists as better than doctors in dispensing drugs. Absence of consultation fee; Availability of pharmacists; Lack of time by doctors.
- Pharmacies, wholesalers a steady force in L.A. quake. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;2/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 3, p104
Focuses on the impact of the January 17, 1994 earthquake on Los Angeles, California pharmacists. Damages to chain and independent stores; Dispensing of drugs following the quake; Manufacturers' replacement of damaged products; Contribution of wholesalers; Problem of rebuilding.
- Thoughts on the ACP --ASIM position paper on pharmacist scope of practice. Woods, Mark; Milburn, Leigh A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;3/15/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p608
Reports on the position paper 'Pharmacist Scope of Practice' by the American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine (ACP-ASIM) related to the role of two physician-based organizations. Thoughts shared by authors in the paper; Effect of pharmacy automation on pharmacy...
- R.Ph.s can make their way beyond traditional practice. Gebhart, Fred // Drug Topics;11/7/94, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p43
Looks at the job of registered pharmacists. Diversity of customers and services; Experiences of various practitioners; Societies and organizations in the field.
- Connecticut to test new Rx care plan. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;5/22/95, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p24
Reports on Connecticut pharmacists' program called Health Manager that brings managed care organizations, physicians, patients and pharmacists into the same reimbursement for cognitive services without major up-front costs. Improvement of patient compliance with lesser health-care costs;...