Chinese fishermen of Santa Barbara and Santa Rosa Island
- Floating abalone farm commences first full year of operations. // Professional Fisherman;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
Reports that Australia's first floating abalone farm has headed to sea to begin its first full year of operation. Two million dollar refitting of Destiny Abalone.
- Californians rally to rescue dwindling seafood delicacy. Hanson, Gayle M.B. // Insight on the News;10/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 37, p38
Opinion. Focuses on the abalone industry in California. Details on the devastation of the industry by a parasitic worm; Name of the worm; Information on the order issued to stop the harvesting of wild red abalone by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife; Comments from John Duffy, the...
- Farming abalone. // NZ Business;Jul97, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p4
Provides information on the development of a standardized technology for commercial hatching and growing abalone (paua) by former fisherman and green mussel farming pioneer, Stuart McFarlane. Information on his company, Abalonics who has patented the technology worldwide; Destribution of...
- White Abalone: Loved to Death. Franz, Damon // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p19
Focuses on the possible extinction of white abalone along California's coastline from Mexico to Oregon. Effect of intense commercial and recreational harvesting of white abalone; Conservation of white abalone through breeding.
- Capture or culture? // Geography;Oct99, Vol. 84 Issue 365, p364
Looks at global trends in abalone fisheries. Effect of the increase in the market for luxury food products in the wealthier countries of the world; Habitat of abalone; Information on abalone farming.
- EVALUACIÃ“N DE LA PESQUERÃA DE ABULÓlN AZUL Haliotis fulgens EN BAHÃA ASUNCIÃ“N, BAJA CALIFORNIA SUR, MÃ‰XICO. Ponce-Díaz, G.; Chávez, E. A.; Ramade-Villanueva, M. // Ciencias Marinas;sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p393
Analyzes the fishery of green abalone in Bahia AsunciÃ³n, Baja California Sur in Mexico with a simulation model using data on catch, effort, abundance estimates, natural mortality and the population growth parameters. Reason why the fishery is considered one of the most important in Mexico;...
- BAZ. McRoberts, Barry // Professional Fisherman;Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p7
Addresses the issue of abalone fishing poaching in Australia. Reason why abalone fishing is prone to poaching; Steps taken by authorities to control abalone fishing poaching; Factors that hinder the authorities' efforts to stop poaching.
- ATSSU Divers. KERTHYASA, MAYA // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Sep2013, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p28
The article features Ryan Morris, a second-generation abalone diver based in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Poached to the brink. Murphy, Damien // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/13/94, Vol. 116 Issue 5950, p21
Reports on abalone poaching in Victoria, Australia. Black market trading of abalones; Violence between Victorian and New South Wales abalone divers; Establishment of an Illegal Fish Sales Taskforce.