- Sexual abstinence counseling of adolescents by physicians. Patton, Dean; Kolasa, Kathryn // Adolescence;Winter95, Vol. 30 Issue 120, p963
Presents a study in which pediatricians and family physicians were surveyed about their attitudes towards attempts to counsel teenagers about sexual abstinence. Increasing adolescents' knowledge of their own sexuality; Discussion of issues surrounding pregnancy and disease prevention.
- CDC analysis finds comprehensive sex ed is more effective than ab-only. // Contemporary Sexuality;Jan2010, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that an independent panel commissioned by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has discovered that comprehensive sex instruction programs are more effective at helping teenagers prevent unwanted pregnancy and disease than abstinence-only programs.
- Information from Your Family Doctor: Abstinence: Information for Teens. // American Family Physician;4/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, 'Special section' p1571
Provides information on abstinence for teenagers. Background on sex; Advice regarding peer pressure; Risks of having sex; Reasons why people abstain from sex.
- Sex: Is everybody doing it? Clode, Theresa Malone // Current Health 2;Feb95, Vol. 21 Issue 6, Human Sexuality... p1
Presents teenagers' views on why they choose to abstain from or postpone sexual activity until they are older. True Love Waits campaign on teenage commitment to sexual abstinence; Ability of abstinent teenagers to resist peer pressure; Avoidance of unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted...
- What Teens Around the World Think. Farrington, Jan // Human Sexuality Supplement;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p1
Presents the views of teenagers on abstinence in relation to sexual activities.
- Abstinence: A Personal Decision. Daly, Melissa // Human Sexuality Supplement;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the sexual abstinence among teenagers in the U.S.
- Programs Help Prevent Teen Pregnancy. // State Legislatures;Jan99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Provides information on the programs in the United States which aimed to reduce the number of teenage pregnancy. Chastity Awareness Week in Pennsylvania; Sex education law passed in 1998 in California.
- TEEN MOMS AND DADS. // Christian Science Monitor;6/8/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 136, p10
Editorial. Discusses teenage mothers and fathers, the decline of teen pregnancy in the United States, and the likelihood that the administration of President George W. Bush will boost abstinence-only programs.
- Abstinent Teens' Reasons for Not Having Sex. // USA Today Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 128 Issue 2655, p10
Discusses the reasons given by teenagers for their decision to practice sexual abstinence in the United States. Fear of pregnancy and AIDS; Religious and conservative values; How alcohol can affect judgment and commitment to abstinence.