Internalizing and externalizing characteristics of sexually and/or physically abused children
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Abused Children with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Pilot Study. Feather, Jacqueline S.; Ronan, Kevin R. // New Zealand Journal of Psychology;Nov2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p132
A manualised trauma-focused cognitive behavioural therapy (TF-CBT) programme was developed for multiply-abused children diagnosed with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD; Feather & Ronan, 2004). It was piloted with 4 children (aged 9â€“14 years) referred to a specialist clinic of the...
- ValidaciÃ³n Preliminar de la Escala Infantil de SÃntomas del Trastorno de EstrÃ©s PostraumÃ¡tico (Child PTSD Symptom Scale, CPSS) en NiÃ±os/as y Adolescentes VÃctimas de Violencia Sexual. Bustos, Patricia; Rincón, Paulina; Aedo, Jaime // Psykhe;nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p118
The preliminary validation in Chile of the Infantile Scale of Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (CPSS) is presented. This instrument was developed by Johnson, Feeny, and Treadwell (2001) to evaluate PTSD in children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events, in accordance with DSM-IV...
- Counseling the victims of violence who develop posttraumatic stress disorder. Brown, Duane // Elementary School Guidance & Counseling;Feb96, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p218
Outlines strategies for identifying children which have developed posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a result of exposure to violence. Symptoms of children with PTSD; Treatment guidelines; Intervention strategies.
- Posttraumatic stress disorder in children. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1995, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p389
Presents an abstract of the study `Early developmental history and pediatric disorder,' by R. Famularo and T. Fenton, published in the `Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.'
- ASSOCIATION OF ALEXITHYMIC CHARACTERISTICS AND POSTRAUMATIC STRESS RESPONSES FOLLOWING MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN WITH REFRACTORY HEMATOLOGICAL DISEASE. Fukunishi, Isao; Hirabayashi, Naotsugu; Tsuruta, Toshihisa; Asukai, Nozomu // Psychological Reports;Dec2001, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p527
Focuses on the association of alexithymic characteristics and post traumatic stress responses following medical treatment for children with refractory hematological disease in Tokyo, Japan. Frequency of postraumatic stress responses; Severity of posttraumatic stress responses; Implications of...
- Efficacy of Sertraline in Childhood Posttraumatic Stress Disorder. // Child & Adolescent Psychopharmacology News;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
An abstract of the paper "Efficacy of Sertraline in Childhood Posttraumatic Stress Disorder," by A. Robb is presented.
- PEER VICTIMIZATION AND POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS AMONG CHILDREN. Storch, Eric; Esposito, Layla Elise // Child Study Journal;2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p91
This study examined the relations of overt and relational victimization to posttraumatic stress in a sample of primarily Hispanic and African-American children. The Social Experience Questionnaire and Posttraumatic Stress Subscale of the Trauma Symptom Checklist for Children was administered to...
- Childhood trauma may lead to personality disorders in adulthood. // Outcomes & Accountability Alert;Jan2000, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p7
Presents information on a study which found that traumatic stress during childhood may result in the development of specific personality disorders. Reference to a study by researchers from Fordham University and Duke University; Limitations of the study; Journal where the study was published.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in children after television programmes. Simmons, D.; Silveria, W.R. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/5/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6925, p389
Examines post-traumatic stress disorder in children after watching television programmes in Great Britain. Symptoms of post-traumatic disorder; Psychological aspects of the disorder; Clinical and psychiatric management of the disorder.