Developing anger and aggression control in youth in
- Dealing with aggressive students on-the-spot. Berry, R. Ladson // Education Digest;Nov94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p27
Provides tips on how to deal with angry students or adults. Awareness of signals of potential crisis behavior; Ways to respond verbally; Things to do when attacked by an angry person.
- Teen Anger and Aggression. Sahley, Billie J. // MMRC Health Educator Reports;2010, p1
The article explores the factors which cause anger and aggressive behavior in some teenagers. Alterations of function in the limbic system of the brain is found to cause changes in emotional responses as rage and impulse control. Teens growing up in a dysfunctional home and those with low levels...
- Angry and Aggressive Students. Larson, Jim // Education Digest;Mar2008, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p48
The article presents information on preventing and responding to anger and aggression in students. Types of aggressive behavior are discussed including proactive, reactive, and relational aggression. Connections are made between emotional disabilities, cognitive development, and reactive...
- Anger, Aggression, and Irrational Beliefs in Adolescents. Fives, Christopher; Kong, Grace; Fuller, J.; DiGiuseppe, Raymond // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Jun2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p199
This study examined whether a combination of anger, hostility, and irrational beliefs, i.e., intolerance of rules frustration, intolerance of work frustration, demands for fairness, and self-downing would predict physical, verbal, and indirect aggression and peer ratings of aggression. Follow-up...
- Disentangling the 'whys' from the 'whats' of aggressive behaviour. Little, Todd D.; Henrich, Christopher C.; Jones, Stephanie M.; Hawley, Patricia H. // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Mar2003, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p122
We examined the validity of a measurement system for the study of aggression that distinguishes among four principle dimensions of aggressive behaviour: overt and relational aggression (i.e., the "whats") and instrumental and reactive aggression (i.e., the "whys"). The sample comprised 1723...
- Tv bashed. // Better Nutrition;Jul2002, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p20
Reports the relationship of television viewing in adolescence to violent behavior in the U.S. Effects of media violence on behavior; Adoption of aggressive behavior; Factors affecting the conduct of teen-ager.
- URBAN LEGENDS. TIMPSON, ANT // Metro (NZ);Mar2011, Issue 351, p138
The article offers information on the growing aggression among teenagers in New Zealand.
- Title List. // Youth with Eating Disorders: When Food Is an Enemy;2008, p2
A list of books related to youth with mental, physical and social challenges is presented which include "Youth Coping with Teen Pregnancy: Growing Up Fast," "Youth Who Are Gifted: Integrating Talents and Intelligence" and "Youth with Aggression Issues: Bullying and Violence."
- Risk Factors and Behaviors Associated With Adolescent Violence and Aggression. Valois, Robert F.; MacDonald, John M.; Bretous, Lena; Fischer, Megan A.; Drane, J. Wanzer // American Journal of Health Behavior;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p454
Objective: To explore risk factors and behaviors associated with aggressive and violent behaviors among adolescents. Methods: A comprehensive review of research literature from various disciplines associated with improving the health and well-being of adolescents. Results: Risk factors and...