New books by black authors, Fall 1996
Tags: TITLES of books
- How to place titles in special outlets. Freedman, Eric // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98 Supplement, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p160
States that in order to profit from niche markets, publishers need to sell specialty retailers on the value of their magazine and its readers. Benefits of such an action; Statements made by Larry Johnson, president of Retail Visions.
- Sean French. // New Statesman & Society;9/8/95, Vol. 8 Issue 369, p35
Comments on items related to book titles. British Bryan Gould's problem on the choice of title for his autobiography; Ironies in United States Richard A. Posner's article in the `Times Literary Supplement.'
- Part of the way with verbal play: The ludic mode in scholarly titling. Carrard, Philippe // Style;Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p566
Investigates the stylistic aspects of the ludic mode in creating titles for scholarly books during the 1980s and the 1990s. Figures of sound; Assonance, alliteration and rhyme; Intertextuality of a title; Intertitularity or a title's reference to another prior title; Film titles; Allusion to...
- Forgive us, founding fathers. // ABA Journal;Sep98, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p18
Provides information on a number of books in which the words of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Gettysburg Address or the Pledge of Allegiance were used in the book titles or in some way to market the books. Listing of books including `All Consumer Are Not Created Equal,'...
- Series Roundup. // Booklist;3/15/95, Vol. 91 Issue 14, p1337
Presents a list of books catalogued under different titles. American Events; American Family Albums; At Issue; Black Americans of Achievement; More.
- Where do they get those titles? Ott, Bill // Booklist;10/15/93, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p480
Presents a matching type game on books' titles and the sources from which the titles came from. Titles from other works of literature.
- Titles. Conrad, Barnaby // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb96, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on the function and importance of a title of a literary product. Description of title's function; Information on art of titling; Importance of a title; How to use imagination to develop a good title.
- To the Next Generation. Smith, Barry D. // CPCU eJournal;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p1
Editorial. Focuses on books about insurance. Titles of classical insurance textbooks; Examples of books written by some of the pioneers in the insurance field; Suggestion to pass insurance books to the next generation.
- ERRATA. // Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy;Summer1994, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p170
A correction to the book review "Applications of Cognitive Therapy With Diverse Populations," by Mark M. Leach, published in the Spring 2004 issue is presented.