The great non-problem of evolution vs. creationism
- What Is Creationism? Alters, Brian J. // American Biology Teacher;Feb99, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p103
Presents information on the different beliefs on creationism. Issue on evolution; Religious rationales; Views of literalists.
- Evolving Ideas. Peterson, Sonja // New Moon;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p30
Discusses several beliefs and theories about evolution.
- Editor's Note. Szatmary, Peter // Phi Kappa Phi Forum;Spring2009, Vol. 89 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various articles published within the issue, including one on vintage point of evolutionism and creationism, and another one on the summary of pertinent case law.
- Kansas and evolution: In this movie, Toto, we can't go home again. Rushdie, Salman // Church & State;Nov99, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p21
Comments on evolution and the advancement of knowledge in the modern age. Reactions to the message of an anti-evolution creationist in India; Kansas Board of Education's decision to delete evolution from the state's recommended curriculum and from its standardized tests; War against religious...
- Creation `science' vs. religious attitudes. McCollister, Betty // USA Today Magazine;May96, Vol. 124 Issue 2612, p74
Focuses on the scientific and religious attitudes to creation. Interpretation of the Bible; Relationship of man with God and the universe; Charges at evolution; Educational issues.
- Is God in the Classroom? Henry, Tamara // Popular Science;Oct2000, Vol. 257 Issue 4, p58
Focuses on the different views on the controversial subject of creation science. Improbable aspects of evolution; State laws in the United States that ban the teaching of evolution; Opposing views to teachers on creation science. INSETS: Science Texts Flunk Out;Evolving Standards.
- Why creationists fear evolution. Shermer, Michael // Skeptic;1996, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p88
Focuses on the battle between creationism and evolution. Background on the Tennessee law on evolution; Lawyer William Jennings Bryan's championing of the creationism.
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;May/Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue which include an excerpt from a blog posting on the guide to indigenous North American political wildlife and another on the anti-evolutionist activities across the U.S.
- The Flood of Antievolutionism. Godfrey, Laurie R. // Natural History;Jun81, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p4
Describes the formation of the Institute for Creation Research and the Creation Science Research to defend scientific creationism and promote the teaching of creation as equal with evolution. Primary tactic of the scientific creationists; Artificial dichotomy between evolution and creation;...