Quality assurance of HIV prevention counseling in a multi-center randomized controlled trial
- HIV and STD Prevention Update Vaginal Microbicides. Makulowich, Gail S. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jul98, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p581
Presents news briefs pertaining to the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STD). Testing of several vaginal microbicides which can be used by women to combat STDs; Information on the marketing of N-9 products; What is GEDA Plus gel.
- Group counseling at STD clinics to promote use of condoms. Cohen, Deborah A.; MacKinnon, David P. // Public Health Reports;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p727
Presents a study of an intervention developed to promote safer sex and condom use among patients seeking treatment for sexually transmitted disease (STD) at a public health STD clinic in Los Angeles, Calif. The study group was 551 persons who visited the clinic in 1988. Methods; Results;...
- National campaign needed to fight hiddern STD epidemic. // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p97
Reports on a national initiative needed to reduce health burden of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in the United States. Rate of curable STDs in United States; STDs described; Health consequence of STDs; Government activity to support the prevention of STDs.
- Persons at high risk for recurrence of STDs. // American Family Physician;9/1/93, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p503
Discusses characteristics of persons at risk for recurrence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) as cited in a study by Richert and colleagues in the April 1993 issue of the `American Journal of Public Health'. Prevalence of infection in core groups containing large number of persons who...
- Clinical prevention guidelines. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;02/23/98 Supplement RR-1, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p2
Presents a number of guidelines that can be used to prevent or control sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). List of prevention methods which can be used; Reference to female condoms, vaginal spermicides, and others; Relation to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) counseling; Notification to...
- Health. // Youth Studies;Feb90, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p6
Presents a brief information about the program `Adolescent Love and Safety' designed to protect teenagers from the risk of sexually transmitted diseases taken from the November 11, 1989 issue of Australian, Age.
- STDs: A Risk in Your 50s? Minkin, Mary Jane; Hanlon, Toby // Prevention;Apr2001, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p107
Discusses the risk of sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including AIDS, in women over 50, and how to make sex safer.
- Ensuring consistency of care and improved quality of sexually transmitted infection service provision. // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Feb2010, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p69
The article reports on the launch of the "Standards for the management of sexually transmitted infections (STI)" by the Medical Foundation for AIDS and Sexual Health and the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) to ensure the consistency of care and to improve the quality of...
- Approaches to control sexually transmitted diseases in Haiti, 1992-95. Behets, F.M.-T.; Genece, E.; Narcisse, M.; Liautaud, B.; Cohen, M.; Dallabetta, G.A. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1998, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p189
Describes procedures for controlling sexually transmitted diseases (STD) in Haiti, between 1992-95. Assessment of STD case management practices and constraints; Names of some sexually transmitted diseases; Details on the absence of STD programmes in Haiti.