Home Equity Conversion Techniques
- Living off your home equity. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Feb2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on ways to use home equity as retirement income. Information is provided on reverse mortgages, home-equity loans or equity lines of credit, and using the proceeds from downsizing to a small home or condominium as retirement income. The author recommends exploring options such...
- Equity Issues Hurt Seniors. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;11/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that the available funds for reverse mortgage has decreased, and could be a hindrance on older borrowers in the U.S.
- Cashing in on Reverse Mortgages. // Advisor Today;Dec2001, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p100
Discusses the capability of reverse mortgages to generate lifetime income for the elderly. Prominence of reverse mortgages as a legitimate financial tool among financial advisors; Function of the tool; How to use the tool legally and ethically; Types of reverse mortgages.
- It's time to reverse. Peterson, James R. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the acceptance of reverse mortgages (RM) in the United States as of January 2002. Legislation that make RM more attractive; Types of RM products; Challenges of underwriting an RM.
- Reverse mortgage makes life easier for some homeowners. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p14
Looks at the advantages of reverse mortgages to older homeowners. Specification of the mortgages; Regulations from the Federal National Mortgage Association; Comments from Robert Schneider, who has a reverse mortgage. Disadvantages of a reverse mortgage. INSET: Reluctant to reverse..
- Reverse mortgage: An alternative to the assumption option. Thottathil, Pelis // Review of Business;Fall95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p22
Presents an analysis of reverse mortgage loans in the United States. Profile of an assumable loan and a conventional loan; Reverse mortgage as an alternative to the assumption option; Cost of mortgage; Taxation.
- Weigh advantages, disadvantages of reverse mortgages. Hance, Barbara H. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p22
Offers homeowners tips for deciding whether to apply for a reverse mortgage loan. Types of cash advances provided; Itemized and hidden costs; Advantages of reverse mortgages.
- Finding Hurdles to Growth, Lenders Take New Tacks. // National Mortgage News;6/13/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p11
The article reports on the tactics taken by lenders in finding the hurdles to the prediction of explosive growth for the reverse mortgage product in the U.S.
- A mortgage that pays you back. Crum, Gary R. // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 186, p13
Reports on the popularity of reverse mortgage loans with senior citizens in the United States.