- Wanted: Someone to Manage $36 Billion in Equities. Tagle, Joe // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article announces the hiring of a portfolio manager by Illinois Treasury Department's Investment Division to lead its public equities program.
- Not quite the end of unit trusts. Basson, Handrie // Finance Week;04/06/2001, p63
Discusses the prospects for the adoption of folios, an initiative introduced in the United States in March 2000 to enable investors to choose shares and compile their own portfolios, in South Africa. Benefits of folios for investors; Impact on unit trusts; Factors affecting investors'...
- Out of balance. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p47
Evaluates the performance of balanced investment portfolios in South Africa. Purpose of maintaining balanced portfolios; Fallacies about balanced portfolios.
- Equity Allocations and the Investment Horizon: A Total Portfolio Approach. Van Eaton, R. Douglas; Conover, James // Financial Services Review;Summer2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p117
Examines how total portfolio wealth varies at different investment horizons. Insights based on both considerations of lump-sum versus ongoing investment; Total wealth approach to portfolio allocation; Description of the total portfolio approach.
- Off-farm income and risk reduction in agriculture: When does it matter? Andersson, Hans; Ramamurtie, B. Sailesh // Working Paper Series (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta);Nov95, Vol. 1995 Issue 14, precedes page 1 p1
Analyzes investment behavior using a dynamic portfolio model including off-farm income. Effect of the correlation structure of off-farm income and asset returns and the ratio of off-farm income to wealth; Components of the so-called risky portfolio; Expected returns of off-farm income.
- Exasperating experts stick to script pondering future. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the importance of avoiding the herd mentality in achieving investment success. Economists' growth predictions for 2003; Expectation of the near-term future to resemble the near-term past; Differences in forecasting strategies of economists and stock market experts.
- Lighten up on large-cap growth stocks. Altfest, Lewis J. // Medical Economics;09/20/99, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p45
Cautions against investing in large companies. Asian financial crisis; Performance of small and medium-size companies; Diversification of portfolio.
- Your fund portfolio may need less tinkering than you think. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/08/99, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p15
Offers advice in managing fund portfolio. Comparing listed funds to those in the fund portfolio being managed; Considering tax consequences of changes in the portfolio.
- Morgan Grenfell: Growth, value and acquisitions. LC // High Yield Report;11/29/99, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on Morgan Grenfell High Yield Fund portfolio manager Andrew Cestone's three key tenets when evaluating potential investments.
- The sensitivity in tests of the efficiency of a portfolio and portfolio performance measurement. Choi, Yoon K. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Summer95, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p187
Addresses the issue of appropriate characteristics of the assets used to determine the ex-post efficient frontier. Review and interpretation of Gibbons, Ross and Shanken (GRS) test statistics; Effect of the omitted `left hand side' (LHS) assets on the efficiency test results; Sensitivity...