More of Top Ten (Or So) Life Insurance Planning Mistakes
- LIMRA: Life Sales Slow But Still Registering Gains. // Insurance Advocate;11/25/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 47, p36
Focuses on the sales of individual life insurance in the United States for the first two quarters of 2000 as reported by LIMRA. Trend among life insurance sale; Other key findings of the report.
- Why life insurance agents can't work for you. Hitchcock, Con // Consumers' Research Magazine;Oct92, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p17
Discusses anti-rebate laws. `Rebating'; How life insurance companies compete for business; Problems of anti-rebate laws; The commission structure; Peter Katt, a life insurance agent in West Bloomfield, Michigan; The economics of ant-rebate laws;Katt's court challenge to Michigan's anti-rebate...
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/03/97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p18
Opinion. Comments on the considerations necessary in the purchase of a life insurance. Importance of the family home; Income and other economic considerations; Making investments; Retirement plan assets; Totaling sources of income; Advice from an investment professional.
- Understanding sales illustration important in buying life policy. Clute, Christian; Clute, Suzanne // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 6 Issue 25, Focus Magazine p10
Focuses on the importance of sales illustrations in purchasing life insurance policies. Complexity of modern sales illustrations; Making sure the illustration is up-to-date; Payability of premiums; Differentiation between cash values and death benefits.
- Enter the virtual agent. Sherrid, Pamela // U.S. News & World Report;9/30/96, Vol. 121 Issue 13, p64
Considers whether a person should buy life insurance over the Internet, over the phone, or from a bank. Benefits such as convenience and low premiums; Dangers of purchasing insurance online, including possibility of fraud; Need for comparison shopping. INSET: Insurance help from the web.
- Internet, Direct Marketing Expected to Fuel Life Sales. O'D. MOORE, MICHAEL // American Banker;7/27/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 142, p9
Cites a survey showing that insurers expect ten percent of middle-income Americans to buy life insurance online by 2003. Estimated number of households into the life insurance market by 2003; Decline the number of middle-Americans with life insurance in the 1980s and 1990s.
- How to compare cash value policies. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;10/27/97, Vol. 74 Issue 21, p23
Presents information on personal finance 101 teaching as it relates to the purchasing of cash value insurance. What should you know when purchasing life insurance; Determination of earnings; Reference to problems which may arise; Information on the solutions.
- LIFE INSURANCE REMAINS ESSENTIAL IN TOUGH TIMES. // AAA Carolinas Go Magazine;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 87 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the importance of protecting the future of ones family with life insurance in times of difficulty.
- Buying life insurance: What kind and how much? Curran, Wendy P. // Wyoming Business Report;Sep2009, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p11B
The article offers advice on purchasing life insurance. Buyers are advised to think about which members of their household should be covered by life insurance. It cites the importance of reviewing life insurance policies. It details ways to calculate and determine how much insurance coverage is...