The Phantom High Net Worth Client
- For mezzanine firms, tough times bring salad days. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/16/98, Vol. 64 Issue 46, p11
Focuses on the performance of investors specializing in mezzanine finance for 1998. Impact of the performance of the financial markets on mezzanine finance; Comment by Kelly Palko Engel, vice president at Barrington Capital Group; Performance of small sell-side financial firms in the United States.
- From the editor. Lahey, Karen Eilers // Financial Services Review;1999, Vol. 8 Issue 3, pV
Provides several articles related to financial services in the United States. Includes `An Empirical Analysis of Differences in Black and White Asset and Liability Combinations,' by Yaw Badu, Kenneth Daniels and Daniel Salandro; `Racial Differences in Investor Decision Making,' by Michael...
- WAITING IN WINGS IN MIDEAST: VCS. Tunich, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/2/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 22, p28
As major companies such as Shell Oil Co. and McDonalds Corp. expand into post-conflict areas like Iran, venture capitalists plan to begin to follow their lead into the Middle East. Venture capitalists are now turning their attention to parts of the Middle East, Africa and Latin America as...
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31682, p7
Presents statistics on competitive bond offerings in the United States during as of July 22, 2003. Amount of bond deals; Financial advisor to bond deals; Companies providing legal opinion on deals.
- Investors 'overwhelmed' by 'overly complex' funds. Tran, Hung // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;5/8/2012, p2
The article focuses on the MFS Investing Sentiment Survey revealing that investors in the U.S. are overwhelmed by the slew investment choices available to them and by overly complex investment products.
- Take My Cash, Please! Cramer, James J. // New York;6/17/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p22
Explains why brokerage firms in the United States do not entertain clients with less than $10 million account. Brokerage firm that first started to implement a policy among its agents not to entertain clients with less than $10 million account; Suggestions to investors who have less than $10...
- The Presence Of Institutional Investors Grows. Brady, Matt // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/12/2007 Life Settlements, Vol. 111, pS5
The article focuses on the study by Conning and Co. concerning the impact of the growth of institutional investors on the life settlement industry in the U.S. The study indicates that institutional investors are the driving force behind changes in the industry that are bringing it in line with...
- Swiss Make American Play. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Dec2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20
Provides information on the financial services and products offered by Swiss bank Pictet to investors in the U.S. Background on the bank's business; Mission of the bank; Belief of Rolf Banz, Pictet's chief investment architect in London and Geneva, on the advantage of the bank's focus on investors.
- MLIM Creates New Pension Fund Initiative. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;3/29/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the decision of Merrill Lynch to launch the Americas Pension Fund Group initiative for its institutional investors and endowment clients in the U.S. Financial services integrated in the initiative; Remarks from executive Mickey Strasser regarding the pension fund initiative;...