A Dubious Record?
- Real GDP growth anticipated. Hanson, Bjorn // Hotel & Motel Management;12/9/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 21, p18
Reports growth in the broad equity indices in the U.S. Estimation on the percentage of gross domestic product increase; Changes in consumer confidence; Improvements in consumer spending.
- As U.S. economy slows, profit estimates tumble. // Dow Theory Forecasts;1/1/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p2
Forecasts stock market condition in the U.S. Percentage of economic growth; Vulnerability of the gross domestic product; Decrease of profit estimates.
- Is the stock market signaling recession? // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/1/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 26, p2
Reports on stock market activities in the U.S. as of July 2002. Market averages and average stock diverge; Stock price indexes; Household net worth; Decline in gross domestic product.
- Reader-prognosticators a fairly bearish bunch. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the results of the year 2000 economic forecasting contest in the United States. Pessimism of contestants on the economy of the US; Forecast on gross domestic product growth; Prediction on consumer price inflation rates and stock market figures; List of contest winners.
- NO RECESSION THIS YEAR. Evans, Mike // Industry Week/IW;01/15/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p88
Argues that there will be no economic recession in the United States (U.S.) in year 2001. Status of U.S. economic indicators by the end of year 2000; Forecasts on growth of gross domestic product; Status of the stock market; Nature of U.S. recession.
- Stock Market Futures Lower; First-Quarter GDP Down 0.7%. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;5/29/2015, p00
The article reports on the modest decline in stock market futures in response to a significant decrease in the gross domestic product (GDP) by 0.7% in the first quarter of 2015 in the U.S.
- MARKET COMMENTARY: Great expectations. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p3
In this article the author outlines for reasons why the current U.S. earnings-reporting season, representing an important test for the stock market, seems especially crucial. The author notes that anticipations for economic development have deteriorated due to the decline in gross domestic...
- Getting over the mega-caps critical to investing success. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p48
Reports on developments in the United States stock market. Dominance of mega-capitalization stocks; Downgrading of Guidant Corp. at Morgan Stanley; Gross domestic product and inflation in 2000.
- Big Week In The US. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p1
The article discusses the developments that affect the stock market in the U.S., including the preliminary release of the third-quarter gross domestic product figures on October 29, the November 2, 2010 elections, and the next round of quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve.