- MU$EUM OF AMERICAN FINANCE. // Financial History;Winter2014, Issue 109, p7
A calendar of events for the Museum of American Finance is presented that includes a presentation by Jack Bogle on March 26, 2014, a panel discussion on world capital markets on April 8, 2014, and a presentation by author Vicki Mack on April 30, 2014.
- Vanguard's Bogle puts $35.2 million in firm's funds. // New York Amsterdam News;07/09/98, Vol. 89 Issue 28, p19
States that John Bogle, founder of Vanguard Group, disclosed that he has $35.2 million in the company funds in a proxy filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Reference to Bogle being a leading proponent of index funds; Identification of outside directors who have large investments...
- How to Pick Actively Managed Funds Like an Indexer. Culloton, Dan // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Nov2008, Issue 66, p1
The author reflects on picking an actively managed funds like an indexer basing on the method used by Jack Bogle. He states that Bogle's formula is not foolproof, but he has always admired the way it thins the crowded area of potential investments down to a handful of high-quality funds. He...
- Museum Commemorates 25th Anniversary with "Restoring the Faith of Investors" Symposium. // Financial History;Winter2013, Issue 105, p6
The article discusses and presents photographs from the symposium "Restoring the Faith of Investors," held October 19, 2012 at the Museum of American Finance in New York City, which featured speeches by financial executives and leaders including John C. Bogle, Roger W. Ferguson, and Duncan L....
- The Scandal That Just Won't Quit. Barney, Lee // Money Management Executive;8/22/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p5
Assesses the Fundgate mutual fund trading scandal if whether or not it will be remember for posterity. Conduction of interview with Jack Bogle, founder of the Vanguard mutual fund company; Inevitability of reform to take place; Forgetfulness of the investing public about the scandal.
- Out of Context. // Money Management;11/19/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p2
The article presents quotes from QIC Asset Management managing director Troy Rieck concerning liquidity, PortfolioConstruction Forum's Graham Rich regarding the document produced by the U.S. National Intelligence Committee, and Vanguard founder John Bogle pertaining the herd investment mentalities.
- the up side. // Guideposts;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p16
The article presents quotes from John C. Bogle, American investor on the economic crisis, Michael J. Fox, Emmy Award winning actor on having Parkinson's disease and Max Lucado, pastor and inspirational author on blessings from god.
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p27
The article reports on the prediction of John C. Bogle, chairman and chief executive officer of the Vanguard Group, regarding market returns for the 1990s in the cover article in the 1993 issue of the "Journal of Financial Planning." Returns for common stocks would stick close to the historical...
- Great Expectations. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/17/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 44, p8
An interview with John Bogle, founder of Vanguard Mutual Fund Group in the U.S., is presented. He discusses the importance of getting ready to build a better financial system in response to the credit crisis. He relates his interpretation of the credit default swaps market and states that it is...