Sign of a Maturing Profession
- TEN YEARS AGO IN THE JOURNAL. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p17
Talks about the focus of the `Journal of Financial Planning' in 1987. Examination of the uniqueness of the small business owners; Information on behavioral finance.
- Reader SPOTCHECK. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1997, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p21
Presents the results of a survey on various finance issues that reflect the `Journal of Financial Planning' readers' opinion as of October 24, 1997. Rating on the business climate for the practice of financial planning; Weightings for various categories of moderate-risk portfolio for clients;...
- Reader Spotcheck. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p29
Presents the results of surveys conducted by the `Journal of Financial Planning' to determine the pulse of the people on various issues. Opinion on long-term care insurance; Percentage of the planners surveyed who use a professional coach; Confidence in the investment environment.
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p31
Presents an overview of the April 1990 issue of the periodical "Journal of Financial Planning." A sampling of the articles in that issue on real estate are given. Titles include: "Ten Dirty Tricks Used by Real Ustate Syndicators," "Real Estateâ€”On the Threshold of Industry Status," "How to...
- Repositioning. Turtle, Mary // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
This article focuses the topic tackled in the June 1997 issue of "Journal of Financial Planning." The June 1997 issue of the journal explores how the profession is adapting to computer and ancilliary technology. The journal also discusses how planners are tapping into the power of the World Wide...
- The Journal of Financial Planning: Thirty Years of Building a Profession. Most, Bruce // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p30
The article reflects on the "Journal of Financial Planning" which celebrates its 30th anniversary in the U.S. It is stated that the periodical did not just survive for 30 years but it had also grown and thrived for 30 years. It is mentioned that the journal had been a useful tool for financial...
- TEN YEARS AGO IN THE JOURNAL. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p21
Presents highlights of the April 1998 issue of the `Journal of Financial Planning.' Prediction that tax rates would climb; Articles focusing on passive losses and estate freezes; Other articles.
- 10 years ago in the Journal. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p21
The article provides information about the "Journal of Financial Planning" in the past 10 years in the U.S. According to the author, the journal brought articles that elaborated how couples living in community property states could lower down future income taxes on property titled as community...
- THE OBSERVER. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec1996, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p13
The article presents information about the developments in various fields. According to a recent study by Dalbar Inc., a mutual fund research company in Boston. The study of "more likely and capable investors" found that investors are more interested in being educated by their advisors about the...