Cable television's top 10 MSOs at a glance
Tags: CABLE television
- CableCard Set-Tops Top 22.75 Million. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;10/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on the deployment of 22.75 million leased set-top boxes with CableCards by the biggest cable operators of the U.S.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Cable companies strike PCS pact. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p20
Reports on the team up of five cable operators to develop personal communications services. Tele-Communications Inc., Time Warner, Continental Cablevision, Comcast Corp. and Cox Cable as the companies; Competition against telephone companies in wireless technologies; Ownership possibilities.
- Top cable shows and nets. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 49, p72
Presents the top 15 basic cable programs for November 22 to November 28, 1993, ranked by households tuning in. Source as Nielsen Media Research; Programs; Networks; Time; Hours; Ratings.
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/93, Vol. 123 Issue 51, p77
Reports on developments in the cable television industry for the week ended December 20, 1993. Candidacy of Peter Knight for the presidency of the National Cable Television Association; Additional projects to MCA TV's slate; Direct-broadcast satellite technology's interface problems with...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p69
Reports on events and developments concerning the broadcasting and cable television industries. Cable Television Association's presidential choice; Broadcast Group's establishment of a task force to look for additional venture; Broadcasters' plan for possible US Federal Communications...