Cable television's top 10 MSOs at a glance
- CableCard Set-Tops Top 22.75 Million. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;10/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p28
The article reports on the deployment of 22.75 million leased set-top boxes with CableCards by the biggest cable operators of the U.S.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.
- Cable companies. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p22
Ranks cable companies in New Jersey by number of homes wired in 1997. Includes Comcast Cablevision of New Jersey; TCI of Northern New Jersey; Garden State Cable TV; TKR Cable Co.; Cablevision of Monmouth.
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p34
Reports on developments in the broadcasting and cable industries. Settlement of General Instrument and Scientific-Atlanta's patent dispute regarding scrambling systems for satellite and cable signals; Development by Texas Instruments of computer chips incorporating the Dolby AC-3 audio...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p47
Reports on developments in the cable industry for the week ended January 10, 1994. Development of a cable network by Nelson Goldberg, president and chief executive of Gaming Entertainment Television; Reiss Media Entertainment's announcement of bringing `Chippendales' to pay per view;...
- The FCC has postponed and canceled several regional educational seminars on cable television... McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) decision to postpone and cancel several educational seminars on cable television regulations. Seminar sites and schedules.
- Promoting the promise of TV. Cooper, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the optimism of broadcasting and cable executives over the industry's future, during the 1994 Association of National Advertisers Advertising Issues Forum. Importance of network television in media plans; Television's potential reach and power; Integration of cable, network and...
- Cable's night out. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/3/94, Vol. 124 Issue 40, p26
Presents a photograph of cable television executives who participated in the 1994 Walter Kaitz Foundation Dinner in New York.