Many rural residents lack health insurance
- The need for a robust public option. Nadler, Jerrold // Hill;6/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 68, pS.22
The article focuses on the importance of effective, robust and competitive public health insurance option in the U.S.
- Living the Law. Sohnen-Moe, Cherie // Massage & Bodywork;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p36
Delves into the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) in the U.S. Purpose of HIPAA; Identification of the facets to HIPAA; Importance of privacy in your clients' accounts; Myths surrounding client privacy. INSETS: Sample Fax & E-Mail Confidentiality Notice;HIPAA...
- One in seven Americans do not have health insurance. // American Family Physician;3/1/96, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p1026
Reports that one in seven Americans do not have health insurance according to a report from the January 5, 1996 issue of the `Hospitals & Health Networks' periodical. Number of Americans without health insurance; Americans with private insurance; Americans under Medicare.
- Persons with health problems still face barriers to obtaining insurance. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;04/15/98, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1752
Reports on a study which looked at the health insurance markets in United States in relation to obtaining health insurance for people with health problems. Identification of classes of persons who may be denied; Criteria of the denial; Which organization conducted the study; Reference to the...
- Health insurance. // AHA News;6/19/95, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p5
Reports that Americans forgo health insurance after the expiration of a previous insurance. Percentage of the population without health insurance.
- Premium hikes dip below inflation rate. J.A. // AHA News;10/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p4
Reports that costs for health plans have risen at rates less than the rate of inflation in 1994, according to Hay Group data. Medical insurance premiums; Citing of managed care as responsible for the trend; Expectation of premiums increase for one or two years before there is a backlash.
- Senators scope out insurance-reform opposition. G.A. // AHA News;12/18/95, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p3
Reports on the plan of the sponsors of a United States Senate incremental health insurance-reform bill to press their proposals in 1996. Challenges faced by the measure; Impact of insurance industry's opposition to some parts of the bill; Features of the measure.
- 39.7 million Americans uninsured in 1994. // AHA News;1/29/96, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p5
Reports that 29.7 million Americans were without health coverage in 1994 according to statistics released by the Employee Benefit Research Institute.
- Study: Insurance gap trapped 50 million Americans. Aston, Geri // AHA News;10/28/96, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the difficulties Americans have with accessing and paying for health care. Discussion on a study by Kaiser Family Foundation, Harvard University and the National Opinion Research Center on gaps in insurance coverage; AHA/Lewin Group Incorporated report; Decline in employer-sponsored...