- Sherline mill. Sandquist, Jim // Model Airplane News;Sept97, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p110
Compares the performance of the lathe Sherline 5000 Mill. Features of the devices; Design of the devices; Hints on how to use the device; Comments from persons on the efficiency of the device. INSETS: Specifications.;Speed adjustment chart.;Sherline's optional feed..
- The ultimate lathe. Ungerer, P.D. // Popular Science;Apr89, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p116
Discusses how a tiny subculture of lathe craftsmen do what is called ornamental turning, using remarkable machines called Holtzapffel lathes, which date from the 19th century. History of Holtzapffel lathe; Modern renditions of lathe. INSET: Modern mechanical marvel, by V.E. Gilmore..
- Benchtop lathes. Barrett, Jim // Woodworker's Journal;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p55
Presents six benchtop lathes for different uses and purposes. AMT 4370 with heavy cast-iron construction, and nine fixed speeds; Delta 46-700 with lever-operated variable speed control; Sears lathe with tubular steel bed; Taig metalworking lathe; Klein Design lathe for woodturning; Carba-Tec, a...
- Big CNC lathes. // Modern Machine Shop;Feb96, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p226
Features Haas Automation Inc.'s line of computer-numerical-control (CNC) lathes. Models; Specifications; Weight; Spindle speeds.
- Slant bed lathe offers high torque, thermal stability. Jordan, John M.,; Bradbury, Johanna L., // Modern Machine Shop;Jun97, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p266
Features the PowerPath 15 CNC lathe from Bridgeport Machines Incorporated.
- Slant bed lathes. Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct97, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p328
Presents the Storm 300 slant bed CNC series lathes. Features; Available hydraulic power chucks; Manufacturer; Contact information.
- Superturn 10... x 20... lathe. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p264
Features the Prazi SD 500 Superturn 10-inch x 20-inch universal high precision lathe. Headstock characteristics; Spindle speeds' Contact information.
- Lathe lets users move easily from manual to automated turning. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p279
Features the EZ-Path Romi lathe. Programming; H-bed design for running larger sized parts and short run production; Contact information.
- Engine lathes. // Modern Machine Shop;Dec96, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p221
Features the Lion lathes from International Machinery Co. Properties; Specifications; Availability; Contact information.