Wolf's Auction in Cleveland
- Old dates for New Britain. // Archaeology;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p24
Reports on the discovery of 35,000-year-old cultural deposits at the rain forest site of Yombon in West New Britain, Papua New Guinea. Indication of early use of inland forest resources.
- Archaeology. Treasures from the world. // Archaeology;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p22
Presents several archaeological artifacts. Includes harlequin bottles, calendar eggs, urn replicas, bronze shadow figures and primitive vases; Prices.
- Egypt still wants the Rosetta stone. // Archaeology;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the denial by the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities of dropping its claims to the Rosetta Stone and other antiquities. Source of this information.
- Antique or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 3, p12
Presents answers to readers' inquiries on antiques. Markings on the bottom of a coffee pot traced to chicory pattern; Reproductions of 18th and 19th century furniture; David P. Lindquist and Caroline C. Warren's `Colonial Revival Furniture With Prices'; Prices.
- Glass menagerie. Revi, Albert Christia // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p6
Offers tips regarding glass antiques. Carden Steuben lamp; Alabaster statuette; Contact information.
- You can tell a true collector by his underwear. Rinker, Harry L. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p8
Reports on economic views of an antique collector. Money matters; Views on collecting things.
- Antiques & Americana. Michael, George // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p88
Reports on antique inkwells and food ceramic pieces. Historiography; Uses.
- Knock on wood. Johnson, Bruce // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p52
Presents questions and answers about antique wood items. Criteria for keeping or improving old repairs; Dowel versus glue for antique restoration.
- Antique or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jan1995, Vol. 99 Issue 11, p8
Responds to inquiries concerning antiques. Irish Belleek creamer made by David McBirney & Co.; Dinner set marked Theodore Haviland-Limoges-France; Coverlets; Porcelain figurine made by Heubach Brothers; Nonflint glass water pitcher made by Gillinder & Sons; Mulberry ware platter made by...
- Antiques or junque. McCollam, Anne // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p12
Answers questions concerning antique pieces. Value quotations; Love seat made around 1900; Glass container that sits in a silver holder or frame; Books entitled `Discovery and Exploration', `Reconstruction', `Developing Nations'; Hatpin holder circa 1900; Postcards from the 1900s.