Guns-r-us culture in Cambodia slowly yields to rule of law
Tags: FIREARMS ownership
- The fallacy of keeping a gun for protection. // Medical Update;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p5
Details results of a study published in a 1993 issue of `The New England Journal of Medicine' which showed that the risk of homicide increased in homes where a gun is kept. Absence of proof that gun ownership in the home provides protection.
- Canada's $1 Billion Gun Registration Train Wreck. // Outdoor Life;Apr2003, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p23
Criticizes the costs incurred by the gun registration program of Canada.
- Doctors may have to countersign gun applications. Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/17/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7054, p379
Reports on the proposal to appoint physicians as countersignatories in applications for firearms ownership in Great Britain. Incident about a mentally imbalanced person who shot 16 children and a teacher in a primary school; Need to prevent similar violent incidences; Proper psychological...
- Most homes armed. Edmondson, Brad // American Demographics;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p19
Reports on a survey of the percentage of Americans who have access to firearms. Comparison of the percentage of people who have a gun at home in 1993 with data in 1959; Reason for increase in gun ownership; Increase in proportion of Americans who have installed special locks from 1981 to 1993.
- Gun ownership holding steady. Taylor, Humphrey // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p9B
Opinion. Comments on gun ownership. Statistics; Percentage changes; Demographics.
- Guns do kill people. Mathis, Deborah // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p7B
Opinion. Denounces the growing public support to legalize the ownership of guns in the United States. Illustration of damages caused by guns during the 14th National Peace Officers Memorial Day; Anguish and sorrow felt by Memorial Day participants; Justifications of a gun ownership supporter.
- City Council Approves Revision To City's Handgun Ordinance. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;8/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p3
The article focuses the approval of Mayor Rahm Emanuel's revision to the City's Responsible Gun Ownership Ordinance by the Chicago City Council of Chicago, Illinois.
- Ready, aim, fire: A census of guns. Gest, Ted // U.S. News & World Report;05/19/97, Vol. 122 Issue 19, p32
Reports on a Police Foundation study that studied gun ownership in the United States. The concentration of guns; The number of adults that own guns; The extent of formal training involved.
- Arms and the woman. Horowitz, Joy // Harper's Bazaar;Feb94, Issue 3387, p166
Focuses on gun ownership by women. History; Statistical information; Control; Data on residential gunshot deaths.