Radiant hot-water heating
- Control flywheel effect of radiant heating systems. Fiedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Jun94, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
Discusses various aspects of the radiant floor heating systems. Controlling the flywheel effect of high mass floor systems; Use of water circulation; Zone controls.
- Improving Radiant Piping Systems. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jan2004, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p52
Discusses innovations on the use of polyethylene in hydronic radiant heating systems as of January 2004. Product of RTI PEX Piping Systems that allow heat transfer to the floor; Technology used by RTI to retrofit an existing concrete slab; Overview of the silane method pioneered by Dow Corning.
- Radiant heat window system now available in the U.S. Catinella, Rita F. // Architectural Record;Jan2004, Vol. 192 Issue 1, p185
Now available in North America for both residential and commercial projects, IQ Glas is a heated-glass window system that has been available in Europe for more than 17 years. IQ Glas features a double-pane structure that allows radiant heat to warm sunrooms, conservatories, indoor swimming...
- Don't Touch that Dial! Deerr, Allison // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec2005, Vol. 85 Issue 12, p38
The article focuses on technological innovations in radiant heating systems. Thermostats and heating controls are capable of maintaining steady room temperatures. Radiant panels can be attached to walls, ceilings and floors. The features of the CF2 line of wireless control systems for hydronic...
- INFRARED HEATERS Radlate Benefits. Kantz, John // Process Heating;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on the benefits of the usage of infrared heaters. It notes that radiant heat had become a preferred process heating method for many applications in the process industries due to its unique properties. Furthermore, the direct heat provided by infrared heaters results in more...
- Hydronic wall heating: The best kept trade secret. Fiedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p68
Discusses various aspect of radiation in wall heating. Bathroom application; Provide additional temperature boost need; Elimination of mildew problems; Wall surface temperature; Competing with hydronic baseboard in price.
- Radiant retrofit with hot air: A warm and lasting marriage. Friedrich, Joe // Contractor Magazine;Dec95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p24
Reports that a good way to expand hydronic heating is by introducing it into existing hot air heated homes, especially by using radiant floor heat. Selling hydronics in traditionally hot air regions; Using a domestic hot water tank as a heat source for radiant heating systems; Proper hydraulic...
- Home sweet (radiant) home. Drake, Lawrence V. // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jun96 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p4
Focuses on the superior comfort of radiant heating in houses. Description of the author's radiant systems used in several of his homes; Involvement on the Hydronic Radiant Heating Association (HRHA); Variety in radiant heating systems; Education as key to the industry's growth; Founding of the...
- This cold house. Rohr, Bob // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jun96 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p6
Presents the author's description of how he retrofitted his farmhouse in rural Missouri with radiant heating. Heating of bathroom floors; Heating of water that would be circulated throughout bathroom floors; Equipment used.