The top of the tallest
Tags: TALL buildings
- Tallest buildings in the United States. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p34
Presents a list of the tallest buildings in the United States. Date of construction; Height in feet; Sears Tower in Chicago, Illinois; World Trade Center in New York City; Empire State Building in New York City; Amoco building, in Chicago, Illinois; John Hancock Center, in Chicago Illinois;...
- Size Matters to Some. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p8
The article offers information on the over 200-meter buildings in 32 countries including the Unites Arab Emirates (UAE) which has 44 buildings in 2011.
- TOWERS in Istanbul. Gale, John // Elevator World;Feb2008, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of visiting some mid- and high-rise towers in Istanbul, Turkey.
- People live in cities not towers. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/12/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p7
The article comments on the construction of tall towers as compared to city development in the Gulf Region.
- Rising Sky-high. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;3/1/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 17, p3
The article offers information on the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Bangkok hotel setting more than one record. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/03/96, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the construction of the Baiyoke Tower II in Bangkok, Thailand. Compliance of the building with regulations on structural integrity; Features of the building.
- Clambering to the top. Sullivan, Thomas D. // World & I;Apr96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p146
Focuses on the architectural design of tall buildings in Asia. Factors that spur the creation of tall buildings in Asia; Models for tall buildings; Local tradition in Asian skyscrapers; Jin Mao Building's pagoda theme; Bank of China Tower's exposed structure and triangular forms; Features of the...
- RECORD NUMBER OF HIGH RISES IN 2009. // Elevator World;Jun2010, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p42
The article reports on a record number of high rise buildings constructed in Japan in 2009.
- PLANS UNVEILED FOR WORLD'S SECOND-TALLEST BUILDING. // Elevator World;Nov2010, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the plan of the government of Cambodia to build a 555-meter tall tower on Phnom Penh's Diamond Island which if built would be the world's second tallest building.