NWF enlists zoos for endangered species campaign
- Endangered Species Act. // International Wildlife;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
Presents the number of the National Wildlife Federation's fax-on-demand system for the Endangered Species Act.
- Asking people first. Howard, William W. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec95/Jan96, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p6
Opinion. Discusses a revised version of the 1995 Endangered Species Act proposed by the National Wildlife Federation. Replacement of the Habitat Conservation Planning with Community-Based Recovery Planning; Formation of multi-species recovery plans.
- Cooperation theme of new endangered species video. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul96, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p52
Reports that the National Wildlife Federation has produced a new videotape that will make the Endangered Species Act work better for people and wildlife. Campaign for public support of the Endangered Species Act.
- Let local communities design recovery plans for rare species, NWF says. // International Wildlife;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the National Wildlife Federation's (NWF) suggestion for local communities to design recovery plans for rare species in line with the Endangered Species Act (ESA). Controversy surrounding the ESA; Provisions under NWF's policy paper aimed at ESA reauthorization.
- NWF volunteer lobbyists call on representatives. // International Wildlife;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) volunteer lobbyists' appeal to members of Congress to support the Endangered Species Act. Number of lobbyists who trooped to Washington, D.C. to show support for the act; Number of signees to `Dear Colleague' letter from Representative Bruce Vento.
- HCP promise may widen risk for rare species. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul98, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p64
Focuses on the National Wildlife Federation's (NWF) opposition to the Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) a controversial rule relevant to the Endangered Species Act. Reason for the opposition of the NWF; Benefits of this rule to landowners; Comments from NWF Counsel John Kostyack.
- Holes in the Ark: Questioning Species Protection Plans. Beers, Stephen K. // E: The Environmental Magazine;May/Jun99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p20
Features the loopholes of the Habitat Conservation Plans (HCP) of the United States Department of Interior. Revision of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) in 1982; Threat of global extinction; Call of the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) for strengthening HCP.
- 1936 - 2006: NWF Celebrates 70 Years of Protecting America's Wildlifeï¿½and Is Still Going Strong! // Guardians of the Wild: Wildlife Report;Spring2006, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the celebration of 70 years of National Wildlife Federation (NWF), for protecting America's wildlife. The organization thanks its steadfast supporters--including members of the Guardians of the Wild--for keeping their promise to protect wildlife for the children's future....
- NWF wins case to help protect rare Florida deer; Only 300 remain. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec94/Jan95, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the legal victory of the National Wildlife Federation through the United States District Judge K. Michael Moore's ordering of the agency in charge of the federal insurance flood program to obey the Endangered Species Act for the protection of Florida's Key deer.