Fledgling therapist disorder and fledgling therapist with supervisoraphobia disorder: Proposed
- Sheriff Dart Appoints Renowned Psychologist at Cook County Jail. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/30/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p3
The article announces that psychologist Dr. Nneka Jones was appointed as a 1st Assistant Executive Director of the Cook County Department of Corrections in the U.S. state of Illinois.
- Staff Support Groups in the Helping Professions: Principles, Practice and Pitfalls. Gordon, Neil // Mental Health Practice;Dec2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
The article reviews the book "Staff Support Groups in the Helping Professions: Principles, Practice and Pitfalls," by Phil Hartley and David Kennard Routledge.
- Starting out: STUDENT EXPERIENCES IN THE REAL WORLD OF NURSING. MANAGERS HAVE A DUTY TO SUPPORT STAFF WITH MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS. // Nursing Standard;11/21/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p23
As someone in their mid-thirties on their second career, I chose mental health nursing because I was eager to help people with mental health difficulties.
- A national survey of violence experienced by community mental health researchers. Powell, R. A.; Lloyd, K. R. // Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology;2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p158
Abstract Background: In recent years there has been a vigorous debate concerning the relationship between violence and mental illness. Psychiatric hospital staff are especially likely to experience violence. 'Detached staff' working in the community appear to be at greatest risk. The present...
- Predictors of Burnout Among Military Mental Health Providers. Ballenger-Browning, Kara K.; Schmitz, Kimberly J.; Rothacker, John A.; Hammer, Paul S.; Webb-Murphy, Jennifer A.; Johnson, Douglas C. // Military Medicine;Mar2011, Vol. 176 Issue 3, p253
Mental health treatment of military service members places unique demands on providers as their patients experience combat stress. This study assessed levels and predictors of burnout among mental health providers (N = 97) at military facilities, using a self-administered survey of demographic...
- A saÃºde mental dos profissionais de um Centro de AtenÃ§Ã£o Psicossocial. Athayde, Vladimir; Hennington, Élida Azevedo // Physis: Revista de SaÃºde Coletiva;jul-set2012, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p983
The health of workers in Psychosocial Care Centers (CAPS) has been studied by few researches, despite the deployment of hundreds of CAPS across the country. This study aims to analyze work situations in a CAPS located in the municipality of Rio de Janeiro, focusing on the health-disease-work...
- the bigger picture. Bogg, Daisy // Mental Health Today;Jan/Feb2014, p18
No abstract available.
- Linda's personal experience. // Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
A personal narrative is presented in which the author's experience of counseling victims of the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center bombings in New York City is explored.
- Prejudice from other patients less hurtful than from managers. // Mental Health Practice;Nov2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
The article reports a study from the University of Leicester, which found that mental health workers are more affected by discrimination from their managers than from patients.