Why I've been on Medicare review for seven years
- Medicare revises nonphysician employee service billing... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p9
Announces that providers have more flexibility to comply with Medicare's `incident to' service billing requirements under revised Medicare Carrier Manual instruction released in November 1996. Nonphysician employee who performs `incident to' services; Content of the Social Security Act...
- How to use modifier -25 for separate E/M services. Dunlap, Polly // Geriatrics;Jul95, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p58
Answers readers' inquiries on issues concerning the evaluation and management service by physicians under Medicare. Coding of a patient's pre-diabetic condition as a preventive visit; Need for using a modifier by a medical office denied by Medicare for billing spirometry.
- Thinking of opting out of Medicare? Pennachio, Dorothy L. // Medical Economics;6/20/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p62
Examines factors to consider for physicians who are planning to opt out of participating in Medicare. Details of the serious repercussions; Importance of examining the possible financial losses that such decisions could cause.
- Our web poll. Rose, Joan R. // Medical Economics;8/22/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 16, p12
Presents statistics on doctors' views on Medicare in the U.S. Comparison between Medicare and managed care; Willingness of physicians to drop out of Medicare; Reasons why some doctors chose to stay and practice under Medicare.
- Doc `down payment'? Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;07/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p22
States that primary-care physicians will experience an increase in their Medicare practice compensation in 1998. Views of the physicians on the increase; Value of the increase; Details on the contention of specialist and surgeons to the data HCFA used to develop the practice expense schedule.
- Medicare changes you need to know about. Murray, Dennis // Medical Economics;1/29/96, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p23
Discusses changes in Medicare that affects physicians in the U.S. Rules for teaching doctors; Payment of medical services; Medicare conversion factors; Use of emergency medicine codes. INSET: How to get the Federal Register..
- Hey, HCFA, what'd you do with my money? Herring, Charles L. // Medical Economics;03/09/98, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p165
Looks at the views of the author, who practices internal medicine, while highlighting a case involving Medicare, who decreed that some of the author's testing was `medically unnecessary.' Identification of some of the health care problems which the patients had; Indepth look at the case from...
- Your Options with regard to Medicare. MARTIN, VIRGINIA // Medical Economics;8/10/2011, Vol. 88 Issue 15, p70
The article provides an answer to a question related to Medicare.
- MEDICARE PAY CUT PATCHED UNTIL MARCH. // Medical Economics;1/22/2010, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the cut of the reduction of physicians' Medicare fees by 21% and offered a two-month patch to the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) until March 2010 in the U.S.