Personality Deviance Scales: Primary scale norms for older adults of the general population
- How Deviants Gain Advantage. Matthews, Ryan; Wacker, Watts // Executive Excellence;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the deviant behavior of leaders to innovative products. Factors affecting mass market; Causes of deviance; Market potential of an innovative concept.
- PROFESSOR THIO REPLIES. Thio, Alex // American Sociologist;Aug73, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p141
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article on class bias in the sociology of deviance by professor Sanford Silverstein.
- The Social context of state terror in early modern Germany. Wegert, Karl // Canadian Journal of History;Apr91, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p21
Argues that the state in early modern Germany legitimized itself by intervening to punish deviancy. Significance of understanding of the realities animating a village life in the study of deviancy; Medieval Christian popular culture in Germany; Forms of punishment in medieval Germany.
- The deviant. Pollitt, Katha; Johnson, Hans; Pietrzyk, Mark E.; Nelson, Trevor // New Republic;12/20/93, Vol. 209 Issue 25, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Defining Deviancy Up," by Charles Krauthammer in the November 22, 1993 issue.
- The Social Costs of Treatment Programs. Easterling, Calvin Henry // Journal of Religion & Health;Mar2000, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p43
The medicalization of deviance refers to the identification as diseases or illnesses of patterns of behavior that were previously considered in moral terms. Herbert Spencer viewed society as analogous to a living organism. A problem or ï¿½diseaseï¿½ in one part of the organism affects the...
- Ethics, Discipline, And Human Nature: A New Look At Management And Deviance. Potter, Roberto Hugh // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Suggests approaches in maintaining employee discipline for managers. Importance of understanding deviance among employees; Disadvantages of focusing disciplinary efforts on performance problems only; Overview of the major sociological theories of deviant behavior.
- On Legislating Morals: The Symbolic Process of Designating Deviance. Gusfield, Joseph G. // California Law Review;Jan1968, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on a deviance designation, namely, 'disinterested indignation' in California. Perspectives toward deviance; Instrumental and symbolic functions of law; Deviant nonconformity and designator reaction.
- AVANT-PROPOS. // Swiss Journal of Sociology;jun1977, Issue 2, p144
The article presents an introduction to a report in this issue on the subject of current trends in deviance sociology.
- SOME CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF INTERVIEWER CHEATING BEHAVIOUR. Nelson, James E.; Kiecker, Pamela L. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1988, p498
Examines the causes and consequences of cheating behavior of interviewers in survey research. Significance of sociology on deviance on the study; Effects of unintentional distortion on bias caused by interviewers on collected data; Definition of cheating.