Design-build requires changes in law
- Highway names in the news. // Roads & Bridges;Oct97, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p22
Presents news concerning road construction industry in the United States. Appointment of Pasquale Dougherty as the Presidents of the American Society of Highway Engineers; Joining of George A. LaBeau on the Kelly-Creswell Co.; Ben G. Watts, former secretary of the Florida Department of...
- Roads report. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Aug98, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p10
Presents news concerning the road building industry in the United States. Information on the plastic car body developed by Chrysler Corp.; Details of the incident where Chicago Bulls was stucked in a traffic getting to the game five in Chicago; Fissures in the main road between LaGrange,...
- Spanning the news. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Aug98, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p20
Presents news concerning the road construction industry in the United States (US). Reason US Transportation Secretary Rodney Slater threatened to recommend a veto for the transportation appropriation bill; Appointment of Dennis J. Slater as president of the Construction Industry Manufacturers...
- Contracting is a two-way street. // Roads & Bridges;Aug98, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p32
Presents an excerpt from the report `Special Report 181 Report of Customer Oriented Highway Construction Workshop.'
- ROADS REPORT. // Roads & Bridges;Apr2001, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p12
Presents news items related to transportation and road construction industry as of April 2001. Proposed road safety bill in Chicago, Illinois; Aggressiveness of men in driving; Radio transmitter collar for elk in Washington State's Sequim Valley.
- Hamburg tunnel opens. // International Construction;Dec2002, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the completion of the motorway tunnel in Hamburg, Germany. Opening of the tunnel to the pedestrians; Examination of the infrastructure.
- Builders want state to have consistent source of money. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;07/07/97, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p15
Reports that contractors in Michigan want the government to increase the amount of money allotted for road construction. Comments from Michael Donohoe, vice president of construction operations for John Carlo Incorporated; Why contractors would like an increase; What contributed to the excess...
- Eye on the Blog. Kuhar, Mark S. // Pit & Quarry;Oct2010, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p6
A blog from editor Mark S. Kuhar of the journal "Pit & Quarry" which discusses a poll in "USA Today" on how the Americans should contribute for the road construction is presented.
- One-call directory. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Apr95, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p55
Presents a directory of road construction industry calling centers in the United States.