- How Well Informed Are College and Upper-Grade School Students About AIDS? Vlasov, V.V.; Morrison, V.V.; Timofeev, D.A. // Russian Education & Society;Oct2002, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on how well informed are college and upper-grade school students about AIDS in Russia. Modification of the behavior of the sexually active portion of the population; Economic inaccessibility of treatment.
- A Brief Picture of HIV/AIDS in Turkey. Duyan, Veli; Yildirim, G�n�l // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p373
Outlines the status of HIV/AIDS in Turkey. History of HIV/AIDS spread; Public response to HIV/AIDS; Categories of psychological implications of HIV/AIDS.
- Adapt or die. Mulholland, Stephen // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p16
Focuses on the incidence of HIV/AIDS epidemic. Etiology of AIDS; Groups that are high risk of AIDS; Medical discoveries on AIDS; AIDS projects of governments.
- Aids: rhetoric and reality. Ankomah, Baffour // New African;Mar2001, Issue 394, p26
Reports on the status of the battle against HIV-AIDS in Senegal. Prevalence rates by the end of 1999; Revelation of practical examples of how the rhetoric and reality of AIDS are still poles apart in the country; Examples of illogicalities; AIDS versus malaria; Ongoing court drama.
- HIV epidemic in Punjab, India: Time trends over a decade. Sehgal, S. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;1998, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p509
Describes the time trends of HIV and AIDS in Punjab, India. Number of full-blown AIDS and HIV seropositives by July 1997 in India; Alleged decline of bloodborne HIV infection in Punjab in 1996; Factors which hasten the development of full-blown AIDS in India; Heterosexual spread of HIV.
- Data shows risk declining for people with HIV. // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/20/2003, Issue 791, p25
Reports on the decrease of the risk of developing full-blown AIDS or dying of HIV infections. Concerns about drug resistant strains and side effects.
- AIDS AT 20 WILL WE FIND A CURE? Bregman, Mark // Science World;10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on the AIDS disease. INSET: The Life Cycle of HIV.
- Introduction. Kelly, Jonathan // World & I;Apr2007, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the April 2007 issue of "World Perspectives," including one by Ed Susman on the root causes of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and human immunodeficiency viral infections in Zimbabwe and another by Zachary A. Goldfarb on the programs for...
- Not Just Another Day. // Multichannel News;11/26/2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p30A
Focuses on the magnitude of the disease AIDS around the world. Details of the devastation caused by AIDS globally; Percentage of children that will be infected with the disease by the year 2010; Statistics related to the disease put forth at the International AIDS Conference, in Barcelona, Spain.
- Temporal Trends in AIDS-Related Survival. Baillargeon, Jacques; Borucki, Michael J. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jan1999, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p17
Examines the temporal trend in AIDS-related survival. Importance of the stage of AIDS diagnosis; Improvement of therapies for complications associated with AIDS; Changes in the definition of AIDS; Other clinical indicators.