Delirium in AIDS patients: Discrepancy between occurrence and health care provider identification
- Getting to the cause of delirium. Kercher, Eugene E.; Rund, Douglas A. // Patient Care;8/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p86
States that most delirious patients have an underlying organic disorder and that if diagnosed and treated quickly, morbidity would be reduced and the patient's life may be saved. Immediate measures; Initial evaluation; Diagnostic procedures; When to hospitalize the patient. INSETS: When a...
- Managing acute confusional states. // Patient Care;8/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p96
Presents a paradigm in managing acute confusional states. Stabilizing the patient; Assessment and diagnostic procedures to ascertain presence of organic cause; Institutionalized care for psychiatric disorder.
- AIDS-Associated Vacuolar Myelopathy. Di Rocco, Alessandro; Simpson, David M. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p457
Presents information on vacuolar myelopathy (VM) which is a neurologic complication of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). How is VM characterized; Information on diagnosing VM; symptoms of VM: Details on the treatment of VM.
- Megace approved for treating weight loss in AIDS patients. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;10/11/93, Vol. 137 Issue 19, p86
Reports on the approval of Megace Oral Suspension (megestrol acetate) by the Food and Drug Administration for its use in the treatment of anorexia, cachexia and unexplained weight loss in AIDS patients. Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. as manufacturer; Appetite stimulant; Synthetic derivative of the...
- Strongyloidiasis Detected by the Agar Plate Culture Method among Patients Infected by HIV. Urdez-Hernandez, Elena; Jimenez-Galan, Silvia // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p625
Evaluates the rate of strongyloidiasis among HIV/AIDS patients in Mexico using the agar plate culture method. Examination of the stools and duodenal juice of patients; Importance of routine strongyloidiasis prophylaxis for AIDS patients in endemic areas; Advantage of using agar plate culture in...
- Case Report: Pemphigus Vulgaris in a Patient Infected With HIV. Splaver, Adam; Silos, Stephanie // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p295
Examines the clinical case of an Afro-American AIDS patient with pemphigus vulgaris. Signs and symptoms; Development of autoimmune disease in HIV-infected patients; Etiology of the disease; Treatment regimen.
- NEW MEXICO. // Advocate;9/25/90, Issue 560, p28
Reports on the first death from AIDS complications in a prison in New Mexico.
- Pulmonary infections: Many opportunists. Diferdinando Jr., George T.; Glassroth, Jeffrey // Patient Care;9/30/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p24
Reports on the need for aggressive screening techniques for the prevention of pulmonary infections in HIV-positive patients. Susceptibility to bacterial infections; Medical history and physical sighs of infection; CD4 cell count; Roentgenography; Sputum induction; Preventive antibiotic regimen;...
- Which pneumonia in this AIDS patient? // Patient Care;9/15/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p118
Presents a case of infectious disease involving an acquired immune deficiency syndrome homosexual patient with pneumonia of the right upper lobe. Splenectomical history; Development of Salmonella typhimurium enteritis.