- REAL Wellness Mental Supplements. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);4/21/2010, Issue 530, p5
No abstract available.
- The solution to pollution is...homeopathy? Nelson-Smith, A. // Biologist;Jun2010, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p60
The article reviews the article by John Sharp on the demolition of homeopathy, which appeared in the periodical "Biologist" in February 2010.
- Conquer Your ENERGY ZAPPERS. Sonnenburg, Beth // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2002, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p132
Enumerates several several mistakes of bodybuilders that lead them to increased loss of energy. Importance of nutrition plans; Macronutrient intake adjustment; Strategy to keep hydrated; Weight training.
- Muscling Through. Baker, Rob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2000, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p26
Shares how the passion for bodybuilding allowed a college student to continue weight training though suffering from constant headaches. How he got the headache; Failure of medication to cure him; Decision to weight train and continue studying.
- Obsession has a price. Todd, Terry // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p218
Comments on the premature death of several bodybuilders because of their obsession to exceed their natural size. Bodybuilders who died prematurely; Vulnerability of bodybuilders to health problems; Overeating among bodybuilders.
- GENDER BENDERS. Astor, Lisa // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2001, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p46
Offers advice on women's bodybuilding training. Muscle-building effect of testosterone; Exercise for hamstrings; Tips to avoid knee injury.
- CLA may improve anabolic status. Antonio, Jose // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p50
Presents information on the benefits of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which is a fatty acid found in beef, to bodybuilders. Research done on CLA by Michael Pariza; Citing of a study presented at the 1997 National Strength and Conditioning Association conference, that examined the positive...
- Let's get cooking'. Sare, Chris // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar98, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p188
Presents information on the value of a well prepared nutritious meal to a bodybuilder. Information on the types of meals that are best; Identification of how to prepare the meal; How to plan the meal; Details on some books that offer nutritional information.
- Saving Basics. Sonnenburg, Beth // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul2002, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p74
Presents tips on reducing the grocery budget while staying healthy and maximizing the effects of bodybuilding training. Ways to save on meat.