- REAL Wellness Mental Supplements. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);4/21/2010, Issue 530, p5
No abstract available.
- The solution to pollution is...homeopathy? Nelson-Smith, A. // Biologist;Jun2010, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p60
The article reviews the article by John Sharp on the demolition of homeopathy, which appeared in the periodical "Biologist" in February 2010.
- Conquer Your ENERGY ZAPPERS. Sonnenburg, Beth // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2002, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p132
Enumerates several several mistakes of bodybuilders that lead them to increased loss of energy. Importance of nutrition plans; Macronutrient intake adjustment; Strategy to keep hydrated; Weight training.
- Muscling Through. Baker, Rob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2000, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p26
Shares how the passion for bodybuilding allowed a college student to continue weight training though suffering from constant headaches. How he got the headache; Failure of medication to cure him; Decision to weight train and continue studying.
- Obsession has a price. Todd, Terry // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p218
Comments on the premature death of several bodybuilders because of their obsession to exceed their natural size. Bodybuilders who died prematurely; Vulnerability of bodybuilders to health problems; Overeating among bodybuilders.
- GENDER BENDERS. Astor, Lisa // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2001, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p46
Offers advice on women's bodybuilding training. Muscle-building effect of testosterone; Exercise for hamstrings; Tips to avoid knee injury.
- CLA may improve anabolic status. Antonio, Jose // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p50
Presents information on the benefits of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which is a fatty acid found in beef, to bodybuilders. Research done on CLA by Michael Pariza; Citing of a study presented at the 1997 National Strength and Conditioning Association conference, that examined the positive...
- Saving Basics. Sonnenburg, Beth // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul2002, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p74
Presents tips on reducing the grocery budget while staying healthy and maximizing the effects of bodybuilding training. Ways to save on meat.
- Barbell blues. Bilger, Burkhard // Sciences;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on bodybuilding or weight lifting and the effects it can have on both men and women. Comments from psychiatrist Harrison G. Pope of Mclean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts; Reference to a study on subjects in gyms; Observations by psychiatrists at Brown University School of Medicine...