- Italo biz gets Paris spotlight. Hopewell, John; Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;3/18/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 53, p6
The article reports on the launch of three Italian Film Days, a movie showcase and industry meet in Paris, France, by the Italian producers' industry organization Anica.
- Italo auteurs awaken with Cannes-do attitude. Rooney, David // Variety;01/05/98, Vol. 369 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the expected release of several Italian films suitable for festivals and international exposure in 1998. Total number of films in 1996 and 1997; Top candidates for competition spots include Nanni Moretti's `Aprile,' Mario Martone's `Theater of War' and Giuseppe Tornatore's `The...
- Italian Film (Book Review). Matthews, Peter // Sight & Sound;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p38
Reviews the book `Italian Film,' by Marcia Landy.
- Helmers dig for U.S. gold. Young, Deborah // Variety;11/11/96, Vol. 365 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on Italian filmmakers' efforts to market their motion pictures in the United States. American distributors' reluctance to release Italian pictures; Background on Italian pictures' box office performance in the US.
- Other visions: Contemporary Italian documentary cinema as counter-discourse. Angelone, Anita; Clò, Clarissa // Studies in Documentary Film;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2/3, p83
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses topics addressed within the issue, including Italian documentary films, marginalized groups of people in documentary films, and Neorealism in Italian documentary films.
- Brooklyn Museum ushers in new Italian films. D.S. // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 70, p12
Reports the presentation by the Brooklyn Museum of `New Italian Cinema: Nuovi and Nuovissimi,' featuring the works of seven Italian film makers. Details of the films.
- Italian jailbirds lock up top arthouse roles. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;6/25/2012, Vol. 427 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that two 2012 top prize-winning Italian films star incarcerated or formerly incarcerated criminals, Aniello Arena in the film "Reality" directed by Matteo Garrone, and Salvatore Striano in the semi-documentary film "Caesar Must Die" directed by the Taviani brothers.
- MIRTH MIRROR. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;8/30/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 3, pA6
The article looks at Italian comedies being shown at the 2010 Venice Film Festival, including "The Bachelor," "Febbre da Cavallo," and "La Passione."
- Film reviews. Rooney, David // Variety;3/11/96, Vol. 362 Issue 6, p48
Reviews the motion picture `Italians (Italiani),' directed by Maurizio Ponzi.