Top grossing Italo films in N. America 1986-96
Tags: ITALIAN films
- Italo biz gets Paris spotlight. Hopewell, John; Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;3/18/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 53, p6
The article reports on the launch of three Italian Film Days, a movie showcase and industry meet in Paris, France, by the Italian producers' industry organization Anica.
- Italo auteurs awaken with Cannes-do attitude. Rooney, David // Variety;01/05/98, Vol. 369 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the expected release of several Italian films suitable for festivals and international exposure in 1998. Total number of films in 1996 and 1997; Top candidates for competition spots include Nanni Moretti's `Aprile,' Mario Martone's `Theater of War' and Giuseppe Tornatore's `The...
- CHINA ON A GONDOLA. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;12/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 46, p24
The article reports on the launch of the 11-day event called Great Italian Films From Venice to Beijing in China on December 9, 2010.
- Italian Film (Book Review). Matthews, Peter // Sight & Sound;Nov2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p38
Reviews the book `Italian Film,' by Marcia Landy.
- Italo fest's set for Gotham. Rooney, David // Daily Variety;10/25/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 38, p12
Reports on the 10th edition of the annual bicoastal Italian film showcase New Italian Cinema Events (NICE) USA to be held from November 10-16, 2000 in New York and from November 14-19, 2000 in San Francisco, California. Gala screenings of the film 'Adua and Her Companions'; Other Italian films...
- MIRTH MIRROR. Vivarelli, Nick // Variety;8/30/2010, Vol. 420 Issue 3, pA6
The article looks at Italian comedies being shown at the 2010 Venice Film Festival, including "The Bachelor," "Febbre da Cavallo," and "La Passione."
- Film reviews. Rooney, David // Variety;3/11/96, Vol. 362 Issue 6, p48
Reviews the motion picture `Italians (Italiani),' directed by Maurizio Ponzi.
- That's Camorra. Angrisani, Silvia; Bonsaver, Guido; James, Nick // Sight & Sound;Nov2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
The article introduces a longer article on the Italian film "Gomorrah."
- Helmers dig for U.S. gold. Young, Deborah // Variety;11/11/96, Vol. 365 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on Italian filmmakers' efforts to market their motion pictures in the United States. American distributors' reluctance to release Italian pictures; Background on Italian pictures' box office performance in the US.