Driver's manual scorecard
Tags: MOTOR vehicle driving
- Fatigue study: Get more sleep. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Mar97, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p9
Highlights the results of the Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver Fatigue and Alertness Study. Most important factor influencing driving performance; Decline of quality of driving performance between midnight and dawn; Sleep as principal countermeasure to fatigue.
- F&S tips. Robinson, Jerome B. // Field & Stream;Jul98, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p97
Presents suggestions pertaining to various unrelated issues. Information on using lake water for cooking; Details on the key to driving in sand; Reference to the trolling of fish.
- TIPS FOR DRIVING MORE SAFELY. De Lisi, Steven M. // Fire Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 155 Issue 11, p24
Provides tips for driving more safely to an emergency situation in the U.S. Importance of wearing the seatbelt; Take pride on the apparatus; Avoidance of backing up without guides.
- Behind the wheel in the UK. Thompson, Jonathan // Christian Science Monitor;5/31/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 132, p16
Gives advice for tourists who will be driving in England or Scotland.
- Feeling driven not to drive. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;12/20/99, Vol. 92 Issue 18, p11
Discusses issues related to driving, including the cost of a vehicle, time spent commuting, and shopping alternatives during the holiday season.
- As the world turns. Welch, Jack // Louisville Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p64
Expresses the author's disgust at drivers who do not properly use warning lights before turning. Use of blinkers; Author's attitude towards driving.
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;1/7/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5363, p24
The article lists several driving training courses in Great Britain offered by companies, including Apex Training Services, C&G Services, and the Freight Transport Association.
- Life in the passing lane - Negotiating a roundabout is not a problem for most folk, but for Dr Margaret McCartney there's nothing more stressful. MCCartney, Dr // GP: General Practitioner;5/6/2002, p90
Focuses on the author physician's experiences regarding car driving. Information about driving lessons of the author; Experience of the author at the time of driving near roundabouts; Opinion of the author regarding role of motherhood in geting facilities at car parking areas.
- Cruise control. Deutsh, Glenn // Men's Health (10544836);Oct90, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p47
Provides several tips to help keep body and mind tuned up when driving. What to do during stressful situations; Relieving back aches; More.