How does weather affect consumer behavior? Let me count the ways
- The Effects of Weather on Retail Sales. Starr-McCluer, Martha // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2000, p1
Monthly variations in consumer spending are frequently accredited to the weather. In this paper, the author presents a model in which weather influences the productivity of time in non-market activities such as recreation and shopping. Some time and budget constraints may also create...
- WARM, DRY DAYS BENEFIT OUTDOOR LIVING SALES. // Casual Living;Jul2011, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p80
The article discusses how the weather affects outdoor living sales in the U.S. It notes the extreme weather conditions in the U.S. in 2010, with the 17th warmest temperatures recorded in July, and the sixth wettest conditions overall, in 116 years. Although warm weather is deemed favorable for...
- Soft Finish to Holiday Season. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p51
The article discusses the sales of various home products during the Christmas season in United States. Although home merchandise categories including home fashions and furniture reported increase in sales, most of the stores recorded weak sales. The article cites warm weather and the change in...
- Cold Weather and Movies: Box-Office Slumps Not So Easily Explained by Cold. Rothman, Lily // Time.com;1/8/2014, p1
The article mentions the box office receipts of motion pictures such as "Frozen" during December 2013 and January 2014, discusses the alleged impact of cold weather on motion picture ticket sales in years such as 1994 and 1985, and suggests that weather has a greater impact on the use of video...
- 26. MISCELLANEOUS. Breyer, Ralph F. // Journal of Marketing;Apr1948, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p527
The article presents a section of abstracts related to marketing, including "Culturological vs. Psychological Interpretations of Human Behavior," by Leslie A. White, "Climate: The Mysterious "X" In Your Regional Sales Potential?," by Joseph H. White, and "Some Varieties of Consumer Behavior...
- FÃ¼nf Prozent geschafft. Haak, Anja // Textilwirtschaft;9/26/2013, Issue 39, p0008
The article discusses sales figures for the textile retail industry in Germany in the week leading up to the German federal parliamentary elections in September 2013. The author mentions the election campaign as a factor in influencing consumer behavior as well as the beginning of fall and...
- Weather or Not? // American Nurseryman;8/15/2002, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p35
Discusses the role of weather conditions in the success of the horticulture industry in the United States. Drought conditions; Watering restrictions; Local population explosions.
- Weather risk hedge market sees improved climate. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;11/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p14
Reports underwriters on weather risk hedges of reinsurance in Bermuda Islands. Effects of market contraction and temperature shifts on underwriting season; Stability in the demand for weather deals; Evolution of the Role of reinsurer.
- Feeling the heat. Breuhaus, Brian; Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;08/15/98, Vol. 97 Issue 16, p17
Discusses the effects of the hot weather condition on the restaurant industry in Texas. Increased use of air conditioning resulting to high electric bills; Increase in the price of tomatoes and avocado; Rise of seafood sales.