- A Darkling Plain? Burgan, Mary A. // Academe;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p112
Presents an article on the Solar Decathlon project of the U.S. Department of Energy. Details of the project; Theme of the American Association of University Professors 2003 annual meeting; Application of education to practical problems.
- NEHA joins the American Lighting Alliance. // Journal of Environmental Health;Oct96, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p36
Describes the American Lighting Alliance (ALA) energy conservation campaign by the US Department of Energy and the firm Hill & Knowlton. Aim of bringing national visibility to energy efficient concerns; Participation of the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) in the campaign;...
- Energy Efficiency, One City at a Time. Dukart, James R. // American City & County;Jun2000, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p12
Offers a look at the launching of the Rebuilt America initiative by the United States Department of Energy, which aims to help cities, counties and public agencies save on annual energy bills. Details of the program; Effectiveness of the program; Implementation of the program in different states.
- Energy savings go untapped. Suzik, Holly Ann // Quality;May99, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p18
Cites a study by the United States Department of Energy's Motor Challenge Program on the savings from efficient technologies and processes in industrial motor energy. Implementation of motor-system energy-efficiency measures and practices; Motor efficiency upgrades; System efficiency measures.
- Industry challenged to improve air systems. Thomas, Billy R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/08/98, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p15
Focuses on the United States Department of Energy's commitment to coordinate with manufacturers to reduce energy usage. Creation of Steam Challenge and Compressed Air Challenge programs; Three objectives for the energy conservation program; Role of manufacturing plants in reducing energy usage.
- Contractors Are 'Building America' Liegl, Paula R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/21/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the United States Department of Energy's launch of program called Building America, which will fund energy-efficient home construction teams. Extension of whole-building designs into more efficient heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems; Development of the `Cottage...
- DOE Invests in New Technologies. // Coal Age;Dec99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the investment on energy-saving research, development, and deployment projects by the United States Department of Energy. Participation of universities, research institutions, and other private companies and Energy Department National Laboratories; Focus of the research development...
- And Get Off on It? // Advocate;8/7/80, Issue 298, p14
Reports on the preparation of a campaign for the conservation of energy by the U.S. Energy Department. Features of the posters; Title of the poster.
- STEMming energy costs. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Aug2011, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Energy has provided 30 million dollars for the university-based Industrial Assessment Centers which will train students to become industrial energy efficiency experts to help companies reduce energy waste and save money.