Coping skills, strengths, and needs as perceived by adult
- Rehabilitation services for persons with long term mental... Baron, Richard C.; Rutman, Irvin D. // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Fall96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p33
Discusses the impact of behavioral managed care on the delivery of rehabilitation services for persons with long term mental illness. Projections on ways in which rehabilitation services will be developed, funded, coordinated and assessed in the future; Importance of continued monitoring of...
- How psychoeducational support groups can provide... Lundwall, Rebecca // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Fall96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p64
Discusses a multidiscipline program to assist individuals with mental illness and their families through combining psychoeducation and support. Program's approach to collaborating and coordinating services and providing continuous care; Program's philosophy and components.
- A wayfinding prespective in mental health: Generating a... Taylor, Brennen; Taylor, Ann // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Fall96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p77
Discusses the findings of a study which investigated the relevance of wayfinding training in generating a sense of community among people with a mental and mobility handicap who travel by mass transit to use urban outpatient services. Factors that are essential for generating a sense of...
- A journey toward recovery: From the inside out. Walsh, Dale // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Fall96, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p85
Presents information on an article based on a presentation at the alliance for the mentally ill department of mental health curriculum and training committee annual conference in Boston, Massachusetts, on April 29, 1996. Author's personal recovery from a long-term psychiatric disability;...
- Evaluation of comprehensive community rehabilitation program. Connors, Margaret; Siddique, C.M.; Vulpen, Rita van; Mulhall, David // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Winter98, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p255
Studies the outcome of a comprehensive community rehabilitation program (CPR) for psychiatric patients after is implementation in the area of Nova Scotia. Services offered to the mental patients; Methodology used in the study; Indications of the findings.
- An Expanded Version of the Multnomah Community Ability Scale: Anchors and Interview Probes for the Assessment of Adults with Serious Mental Illness. Dickerson, Faith B.; Origoni, Andrea E.; Pater, Andrea; Friedman, Barri K.; Kordonski, William M. // Community Mental Health Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p131
Objective clinical assessments are important in psychiatric settings to assess patients' functioning and the outcome of rehabilitation interventions. We developed anchors of the Multnomah Community Ability Scale (MCAS) and tested the interrater reliability of the expanded instrument. Twenty...
- What is possible in psychiatry: Five psychiatric steps that mattered. Crowley, Kathleen // Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal;Spring96, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p85
Relates the author's experience of psychiatric treatment. Importance of respect to the patient; Strength in patient-professional partnership; Accommodation of patient belief system and needs; Vision of recovery.
- Characteristics of people with psychiatric disabilities that are predictive of entry into the... Anthony, William A. // Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
Investigates the relationship between the characteristics of people with psychiatric disabilities and the process and outcomes of vocational rehabilitation. Review of related literature; Previous studies conducted; Consumer characteristics and employment outcome; Consumer characteristics and...
- How psychiatric disability expresses itself as a barrier to employment. Rutman, Irvin D. // Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p15
Identifies and briefly reviews a series of factors that act as barriers to the successful rehabilitation of people with psychiatric disabilities. Magnitude of the problem; Barriers facing psychiatrically disabled people; Emerging developments that may provide employment oppurtunities for people...