Bobcat--the lonely hunter
- Bringing up baby. Homan, Dick // WE Magazine;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p106
Presents information on an individual's experienced raising a North American lynx, also known as a bobcat. Reasons for the individual owning a bobcat; Price of the bobcat; Details on the habits of the bobcat.
- Spot market. Carroll, C. // Texas Monthly;Feb89, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p104
Describes the trapping of bobcats on Texas ranches. Selling the pelts for coats.
- The bobcat. Williams, T. // Country Journal;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p86
Discusses the bobcat and human attitudes toward the animal. Description of animal; Traits; Fur.
- The most private cat. Dalrymple, Byron W. // Field & Stream;Jun94, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p43
Makes observations on the bobcat. Favoring of remote habitats; Stealthiness in preserving privacy; Physical features; Bobcat populations; Breeding season. INSETS: Reading the regs.;Curious cat facts..
- Bobcat. // Outdoor Life;Dec96, Vol. 198 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the behavior and biology of bobcats. Distribution; Behavior of a cornered bobcat; Paw prints of bobcats; Markings of bobcats.
- Survival and cause-specific mortality rates of adult bobcats (Lynx rufus). Fuller, Todd K.; Berendzen, Stephen L. // American Midland Naturalist;Oct95, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p404
Reports on the results of a study wherein survival and cause-specific mortality rates of 15 radio-marked bobcats in western Massachusetts were calculated during 1982 to 1985 and compared to similar data collected elsewhere in the United States to assess their usefulness for population...
- Fast facts: Bobcats. Robson, A. // Ranger Rick;Nov90, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p19
Presents information about bobcats. Well camouflaged; Marking boundaries; Mating habits; Bobcat kittens; Hunting; More.
- Morphologic variation of the bobcat (Felis rufus) in the eastern United States and its association with selected environmental variables Kennedy, Michael L.; Sikes, Robert S. // American Midland Naturalist;Oct1992, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p313
No abstract available.
- When I grow up I want to be.... // Ranger Rick;Feb94, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p44
Discusses placement of a bobcat's picture on the postage stamp. Reason for the difficulty in sighting bobcats.