Try snowshoeing this winter
- Bundle up. // Backpacker;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the debut of the Winter Trails '97 on February 8, 1997, sponsored by the American Hiking Society and Ski Industries America, which will encourage snow-bound hikers, bikers, horseback riders and others to try snowshoeing.
- Dewey Point. // Backpacker;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p29
The article offers steps on snowshoeing the 7.2-mile snowshoe trek at Yosemite National Park in California.
- A silent sojourn through winter. Rinck, Jane // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 72, p22
Presents the experiences of the author showshoeing.
- Snow bound. Toops, Connie // National Parks;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 72 Issue 1/2, p34
States that snowshoeing can provide an enriching winter experience. Information on the Appalachian Trail, a popular area for snowshoeing; Description of the winter season in Alaska's Denali National Park; Description of the winter landscape of Lassen Volcanic National Park; Recommendations to...
- Snow treads. Plueddeman, Charles // Outdoor Life;Jan97, Vol. 199 Issue 1, p69
Features snowshoes made by various manufacturers in the United States. Schnee Hunter; Sorel Pathfinder; Lacross Expedition; L.L. Bean All Conditions.
- Snowshoes. Kimber, R. // Country Journal;Jan1988, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p69
Description of various types of snowshoes. History of snowshoes. Tips for selecting them for body weight and snow conditions. INSET: Snowshoe sources and information..
- Winter terraining. Nottingham, Suzanne // American Fitness;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p20
Features the sport of snowshoeing. Physiological and psychological benefits; Increasing popularity; History of snowshoes; Technological innovation in snowshoes; Prices. INSETS: Snowshoe safety, by S.N.;Consumer sources..
- Buyer's guide: the shoes of winter. Chase, J. // Backpacker;Jan1988, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p85
Discusses snowshoes. Styles, sizes, bindings, cost.
- Snowshoes. Mapes, Alan // Conservationist;Dec94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p24
Discusses the snowshoes as tools for weathering the winter season. Uses; History; Materials used; Rules for snowshoeing; Author's experience in snowshoeing. INSET: Snowshoe styles..
- The quiet art of snowshoeing. // Mother Earth News;Nov/Dec86, Issue 103, p42
Recreational and practical aspects of snowshoeing; five styles of showshoes; bindings; traction devices; snowshoeing techniques. INSET: Armchair snowshoeing.;Western `shoe-tout.'..