The haunting Catskills--haven for hikers, hunters and skiers
- NEWS. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p29
The article presents updates on environment conservation in New York. Conservationist magazine will be launching the I Love the Conservationist Sweepstakes which features giveaways for the sportsman, hiker, skier and family camper. The Department of Environmental Conservation plans to begin a...
- Park Wars. Margolis, Jon // American Prospect;9/9/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p29
Focuses on a dispute over a plan to allow U.S. parks and national forests to collect fees from hikers, anglers, hunter and skiers accustomed to wandering about public lands. Reason for the lack of media coverage of the dispute; Details of the proposal; Overview of the U.S. outdoor recreation...
- Death and how to avoid it in the High Tatras. Togneri, Chris // Slovak Spectator;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the risk of death faced by skiers and hikers in the High Tatras in Slovakia. Number of deaths related to sports since 1990; Complexity of the weather; List of safety tips for skiers and hikers.
- STAR PEAK CABIN. Drummey, Maureen // Ski;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p240
Focuses on the features and services offered at the Star Peak Cabin in Ashcroft Valley, ideally for skiers, hikers, bikers, horseback riders and anglers.
- Prada hits the slopes. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/31/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 60, p7
Introduces Prada's sportswear collection aimed at skiers, hikers and snowboarders. Features of the collection; Financial information on the company; Cost of Prada's collection.
- Fanny packs hit slopes. M R // Lodging Hospitality;Dec93, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p118
Introduces a new lunch packaging concept for skiers, mountain bikers, and hikers called the Fannypack. Guild Hotels; Convenience for hotel guests.
- TODAY'S RADIO. SJ // Daily Mail;5/25/2013, p54
- Big Rewards, Shorter Hikes. // Backpacker;Aug2011, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p11
The article presents suggestions for hikers and hunters concerning trip to Bob Marshall Wilderness, Montana.
- New camp wisdom. // Backpacker;Oct97, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p20
Presents two books about hiking. `Everyday Wisdom: 1001 Expert Tips for Hikers,' by Karen Berger; `Making Camp: A Field Expert's Guide for Hikers, Mountain Bikers, Paddlers and Skiers,' by Dennis Coello, John Harlin, Steve Howe and Alan Kesselheim.
- Book reviews: Social sciences. Leach, Melinda Stivers; Hoffert, Barbara // Library Journal;10/15/1997, Vol. 122 Issue 17, p80
Reviews two books about hiking and the outdoors. `Everyday Wisdom: 1,001 Expert Tips for Hikers,' by Karen Berger; `Making Camp: A Field Expert's Guide for Hikers, Mountain Bikers, Paddlers, & Skiers,' by Steve Howe and others.