New rulers of eastern Zaire create order out of chaos
Tags: GUERRILLA warfare
- In the trenches of Colombia's guerrilla war. Metcalfe, Rhoda // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 234, p1
Focuses on Aguachica, a town in Colombia and its involvement in the guerrilla warfare in the country. Conversion of town into neutral zone in 1995; Information on violence in Aguachica in September 1996; Reference to guerrilla warfare throughout Colombia; Details on activities of guerrillas;...
- While others fall around her, a mayor stand for peace. Lawrence, David Aquila // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 234, p7
Focuses on the Colombian city of Apartado which is in the midst of the guerrilla warfare in Colombia. Reference to position of Gloria Cuartas Montoya, mayor of Apartado, on violence; Number of murders in Apartado; Information on root of guerrilla warfare.
- Guatemala's fighters struggle to turn arms to plowshares. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;11/5/96, Vol. 88 Issue 239, p7
Presents information on the guerrilla element in Guanagazapa, Guatemala. Public response to these guerrilla rebels; Comments from Dolores Bian Hernandez, a farmworker; Plans of President Alvaro Arzu to commit to a final peace accord by 1997.
- YEMEN-SOUTH. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/2/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4800, p13
The article reports on the clash between Yemeni security forces and suspected rebels in the southern Abyan province, which resulted to the death of three Yemeni policemen.
- Cocaine, Communism and crisis in Peru. Robbins, C.A. // U.S. News & World Report;9/18/89, Vol. 107 Issue 11, p45
Discusses the activities of the Shining Path guerrillas of Peru, who support the cocaine trade in the country. US support for the Peruvian government; Peru's social and economic problems; Fighting against the insurgency. INSET: Bloody footprints on Peru's Shining Path..
- Colombia's `other war.' Yalowitz, G. // U.S. News & World Report;10/9/89, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p34
Presents an update on Colombia's conflict of nearly two decades with leftist guerrillas. New agreement reached; Influence of the drug war on the accord.
- Tit for tat in Lebanon. // Newsweek;4/22/1996, Vol. 127 Issue 17, p51
Shows a picture of a car burning in the northern Israeli city of Qiryat Shemona after rocket attacks by pro-Iranian Hizbullah guerrillas. Prime Minister Shimon Peres, responding to the attacks with air strikes on Beirut for the first time in 14 years.
- Attack at El Paraiso. Lamberson, Eric // Military Intelligence;Jul-Sep90, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Reconstructs the typical guerrilla target selection methods plus their mission planning and attack execution sequence in El Salvador. Penetration of the El Salvadoran Fourth Infantry Brigade Headquarters by the Armed Forces of Liberation; List of desirable target characteristics; Basic steps...
- End a 3-decade war. // Christian Science Monitor;3/25/98, Vol. 90 Issue 82, p20
Focuses on Sudan in sub-Saharan Africa. How it was once touted as the potential bread basket of Africa's northeast; The three decades of population enmity; Background on warfare; The militant Muslim regime.