Florida ICPC wins fight to raise small claims limits
- Small Claims Rules. Schiff, Louis H. // Florida Bar Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on the slate of rule changes presented by the Small Claims Rules Committee to the Florida Supreme Court that would allow all of the state's small claims courts to have uniform procedures and give better access to the courts. Judge Pauline Drayton explained to the Court the...
- My small claims court field trip. Henley, Leslie // Business Credit;Sep97, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p12
Opinion. Discusses the author's first experience in a small claims court. Process of filing the claims form; Details on the court process; Information on the case in session.
- Collecting your small claims court judgement: The debtor's examination. Zervos, Michelle // Business Credit;Sep97, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p14
Presents information on small claims court and its value as a collection tool for minor bad debts, such as delayed certificates of deposit or non-payment on open accounts. Challenge of collecting the judgement; Legal remedies used to collect the judgement; Details on the Order to Appear for...
- The merits of small claims court. // Black Enterprise;Sep84, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p57
Though court action should be the last resort in solving legal problems, sometimes suing is the only solution. There's a simple alternative: small claims court, a system of people's courts that dispenses `rough justice' without the long delays and formality of higher courts. Here you can sue...
- See you in court. Besson, P. // Black Enterprise;Nov89, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p74
Discusses the pros and cons of turning to a small-claims court for resolving a dispute. Alternatives to small-claims court; Key factors to consider; Preparation for a case; How to respond as a defendant.
- SHOULD A LAWYER BE ALLOWED IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT? SOME EMPIRICAL LIGHT. Schwarz, Samuel; Herskovitz, Paul J. // American Economist;Fall95, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p65
Utilizes a utility model to analyze how the number of claims filed by attorneys on behalf of plaintiffs has varied over four decades in the New York City Small Claims Court.
- Purposely Filing Actions in Improper Venue. Kalish, Richard // California Law Review;Mar1973, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p334
Discusses the California Supreme Court case 'Barquis v. Merchants Collection Association of Oakland Inc.,' which involved the issue of purposely filing small claims actions in improper venue. Facts of the case; Laws relevant to the case; Basis of the court decision on cause of action for...
- Justice and survival inside Indiana's `People's Court'. Voigtmann, Mark // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/26/95, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p13A
Reports on the dilemma of companies facing cases in small claims courts in Indiana. Jurisdiction of these courts with respect to the value of the subject matter of the controversy; Situations where a lawyer is required; Tips on how to save time and money during trial.
- The litigant's eye view of small claims hearings. Baldwin, John // Consumer Policy Review;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p2
Focuses on the litigant's view of small claims hearings in England. Comparison with formal county court procedure; Suitability of open court procedures to companies and public organizations; Legal representation of small claims.