ALA receives grant for literacy initiative
- ala and you. // American Libraries;Oct86, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p719
Presents news that may be of interest to members of the United States-based American Library Association. Best undergraduate preparation for students entering a master of library science program; Workshop funds for the Association of College and Research Libraries and the Public Library...
- Dollar General Invests in the American Dream. Kniffel, Leonard // American Libraries;Sep2010, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p11
The article discusses the American Dream literacy initiative sponsored by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation and the American Library Association (ALA). It notes that the initiative focuses on adult English language learners with limited English skills and lacking functional literacy skills....
- The profession and its leaders: Mutual responsibilities. Bosseau, Don L.; Martin, Susan K. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Sep96, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p376
Discusses leadership issues at the American Library Association (ALA). Impact of a visionary leader on an organization; Concern over the resignation of ALA executive director Elizabeth Martinez; Call for members' support of the ALA.
- ALA Goal 2000. // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p65
Reports on the proposed $25 dues increase on the spring election ballot to support American Library Association (ALA) Goal 2000. Focus on positioning ALA as a major force for the public's right; Expansion of the ALA Washington Office; Strict cost-saving measures.
- ALA news. // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p60
Reports on the availability of draft guidelines for providing public access to the Internet from the American Library Association (ALA). Emphasis on self-education; Establishment and implementation of written guidelines and policies; Techniques for using privacy screens.
- ALA pamphlets to guide all-age readers. // Reading Today;Oct/Nov92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p24
Announces that the American Library Association (ALA) has recently released a variety of pamphlets on choosing books for both young people and adults. The pamphlets; What the pamphlets provide; How each pamphlet can be purchased; Ordering information.
- New `read' posters. // Reading Today;Apr/May93, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p22
Provides information on the American Library Association's current `Read' poster series, which feature Graham Greene, Sean Connery, Roseanne Arnold, Kristi Yamaguchi, R.E.M., Denzel Washington and Harrison Ford. Contact point for more information.
- Celebrate National Library Week using ALA materials. // Reading Today;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p34
Announces the release of the 2002 holiday season graphics catalog from the American Library Association. Features of the catalog.
- (DISABILITIES) Library Assn. Offers Award for Disability Services. // Community Health Funding Week;12/4/2009, p17
The article reports that the American Library Association invites nominations for the 2010 ASCLA/KLAS/NOD Award, sponsored by the Association for Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA), Keystone Systems, Inc. and the National Organization on Disability (NOD).