Shalala unveils Ryan White award
- A study of the implementation of HIV education programs in Pennsylvania schools. Healey, Bernard J. // Journal of Wellness Perspectives;Spring96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p132
Focuses on the implementation of HIV education programs in public schools in Pennsylvania. Superintendents' knowledge of the risks of HIV infections; Priorities on HIV instruction in school districts; Plans to evaluate and revise the HIV curriculum; Influence of the reported incidence of AIDS...
- Develop IEC Material By PLHA to lead a positive life. Chettri, Santosh // Retrovirology;2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, p1
An abstract of the article "Develop IEC Material By PLHA to Lead a Positive Life," by Santosh Chettri is presented.
- AIDS at 20. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p2
Provides information as well as teaching instructions about AIDS.
- Youth and AIDS. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p6
Presents teaching materials for a quiz on chart reading skills about HIV and AIDS.
- The challenge of HIV/AIDS education in the public school. Robenstine, Clark // Contemporary Education;1994, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p55
Discusses the challenge of HIV/AIDS education in the public school. Prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases among adolescents; Adolescents and sexuality; Drafting HIV education policies and practices.
- Health and higher education. // Liberal Education;Winter96, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p3
Reports that the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) established the Program for Health in Higher Education: HIV in the Undergraduate Curriculum. Goal of the program; Contact information.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. // Advocate;9/13/88, Issue 507, p20
Reports that the first phase of a study to determine the prevalence of AIDS and HIV exposure in the U.S. was postponed to July 28, 1988 because of concerns voiced by Washington, D.C. health officials. Concern that insufficient planning had gone into the project and that the survey would create...
- Condom use increases among Namibian youths following HIV training. Olenick, I. // International Family Planning Perspectives;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p205
Reports that Namibian adolescents who received an HIV training curriculum are more likely to use condoms. Curriculum development for the program entitled `My Future is My Choice'; Risk assessment designed to measure knowledge about HIV and AIDS; Comparison between the attitudes of male and...
- Being Alive 'Living Well � Not Just Longer' seminar, April 30. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/24/2003, Issue 800, p19
Presents information on the seminar titled 'Living Well ... Not Just Longer,' by Lark Lands and River Houston in San Diego, California on April 30, 2003. Aim of helping people with HIV-related symptoms and drug side effects.