Elementary, My Dear Rework Technician
- Whither Analytical X-Ray. Brundy, Peter // Circuits Assembly;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p28
This article provides information on the use of x-ray to analyze solder joint structures in electronics manufacturing. The use of x-ray has not only accelerated but has offered a wholly new view on joint inspection. The impetus for using x-ray technology in electronics came when ball grid array...
- X-ray inspection ensures quality in electronic devices. Kaufmann, Ken // Laser Focus World;May98, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p269
Focuses on the use of X-ray inspection in high-technology industrial applications. Details on the ball-grid array (BGA) method for mounting chip-size packages; Limitations for the finished product created by BGA; Details on how X-rays are used to overcome the limitations imposed by the BGA on...
- BGA Packaging Trends in Arrays, Networks and Connectors. Hunter, Craig // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p18
Describes the development and pplications of ball grid array (BGA) packaging for the electronic and semiconductor industries. Aspects of BGA technology; Applications for on-the-chip or via in pad systems for printed circuit boards; Integration into communication systems, system design and...
- A Cure for BGA's Warped Sense of Humor. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on the occurrence of distortion in ball grid array (BGA) components and circuit boards. Relation between the size of BGA and deflection; Effect of warpage on the circuit board surface; Solution to warpage.
- Socketing High-Density IC Packages. Pal, Ila // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2000, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p77
Explains how Ironwood Electronics' GHz ball grid array (BGA) sockets can be used to socket high-speed and high-density integrated circuit packages. Existing socket technologies; Design of the GHz BGA sockets; Electrical characterization; Conductive elastomer connection; Mechanical characterization.
- Tape BGAs satisfy high-end IC demands. Giesler, Mike; Schueller, Randy // Electronic Design;06/08/98, Vol. 46 Issue 14, p154
Focuses on the increase in the popularity of ball-grid array (BGA) packages. Advantages of BGA packages over other traditional integrated circuit interconnect packages; Reasons for the rising popularity of BGA; Three alternatives within the BGA family of packages.
- IC Packaging Gets Ready For The Big Squeeze. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;1/17/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p40
The article offers information on new developments regarding packaging of integrated circuits (IC) and IC subsystems in view of the demand for smaller, denser and lower-cost electronics. It reports that designers are focusing on 3D packaging using wafer-level techniques to take advantage of...
- IPC Revises BGA Guideline. C. D. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Mar2013, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the release of the C revision of IPC-7095 document from IPC, an organization of electronics assembly companies, entitled "Design and Assembly Process Implementation" designed to improve reliability of ball grid arrays (BGAs) and fine pitch BGAs in high density applications.
- Enhance Your BGA X-Ray Inspection Process. Zweig, Gil // Circuits Assembly;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p47
Focuses on the use of x-ray inspection for quality control of ball grid array bonding in surface-mount assembly. Advantage of understanding x-ray signatures; Use of signature identification entails detecting x-ray image variation; Usage of a side-viewing optical microscopic probe.