The Most Important Integrated Passive R&D Projects
- MEASURING CAPACITANCE VARIATION. // EDN;4/12/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p82
This article focuses on the measurement of capacitance variation versus applied direct-current (dc) voltage. To obtain measurements, the device being tested should be connected in series resistor and in series with R forms a high-pass filter. This will allow measurement of the capacitor's...
- Capacitance Transducers with a Thermistor Bridge in the Measurement Circuit that Are Based on Self-Excited Oscillators. Parusov, V. P.; Sharuev, N. K.; Sharuev, V. N. // Instruments & Experimental Techniques;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p650
The main relationships describing a steady-state operating mode of self-excited-generator transducers with a self-balanced thermistor bridge, in which the transduced capacitance is connected in parallel with the thermistor, are presented. The results of tests of the transducer at frequencies of...
- Maxim first for potentiometer. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;3/30/2005, Issue 2187, p2
The article presents information on Maxim's first digital potentiometer. Fitting into a TQFN, Maxim claims its MAX5477 is the smallest 256-step, dual, EEPROM non-volatile digital potentiometers. There are actually six chips in the range, offering ratiometric and end-to-end temperature coefficients.
- Gain-of-two sample-and-hold amplifier uses no external resistors. Štofka, Marián // EDN;11/8/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p95
The article explains how to simultaneously sample a signal and amplify the signal level by cascading a common gain-of-one sample-and-hold amplifier and an amplifier with a voltage gain of one. Such an amplifier has two external resistors that dissipate power even at the steady state of the...
- Quad 8-bit digital potentiometer has internal EEPROM, consumes 5 ÂµA. Rako, Paul // EDN;5/13/2010, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p16
The article previews the 8-bit digital MCP4361 quad potentiometer and MCP4362 quad rheostat from Microchip Technology.
- Resistor Arrays. // Power Electronics Technology;May2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p58
This article presents information on the RAV16-4D series of chip resistor arrays from Raleigh, North Carolina-based Stackpole Electronics Inc. The RAV16-4D series of chip resistor arrays have been expanded by the company to include 0.5% and 0.1% tolerances. The product's operating voltage is 75...
- Scheme improves on low-cost keyboard. O'Hara, Martin; Travis, Bill // EDN;10/30/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p94
Offers a way of producing a simpler resistor arrangement with better timing balance between switches using a single resistor value. Benefits of the arrangement to the integrated circuits; Impact on the keypad arrangement.
- Regulator chips give fast load response. // Electronics Weekly;12/3/2003, Issue 2126, p50
This article reports that Sanken Electric Co. has developed two families of synchronous-rectification step-down switching regulator control integrated circuits designed to provide fast load response and high efficiency in power management applications. The SI-8011NVS has an efficiency level of...
- Termination resistor for 40GHz frequencies. // Electronics Weekly;4/12/2006, Issue 2236, p70
This article reports that a microwave/radio frequency termination resistor for operation at frequencies up to 40GHz has been developed by IRC Advanced Film, a division of TT Electronics PLC. It is available with solderable or bondable terminations, the chips are suitable for solder attachment as...