Setting the Foundations
- How clear is your crystal ball? Dipert, Brian // EDN;10/30/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p28
Deals with business forecasting in the semiconductor industry. Questions to consider when predicting the next-generation microprocessor of Intel; Causes of the risk in prognostications for chip development.
- WORLDWIDE HIGHLIGHTS. // Solid State Technology;Mar2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p12
Reports on global developments in the semiconductor industry as of 2004. Formation of a working group to accelerate adoption of electronic product code technology by Intel Corp. and a group of European retailers; Plan of Sumitomo Mitsubishi Silicon Corp. to double out-put capacity at its wafer...
- Intel Q4 results hint at strong year for chips. Manners, David // Electronics Weekly;1/19/2005, Issue 2177, p12
This article informs that Intel Corp.'s strong fourth quarter results suggest the chip industry inventory cut-backs have been overcooked, and the next problem could be shortages. Although the real level of user demand remains a mystery, the industry may have over-reacted to the first signs of an...
- COMMENT: Analysts trampled by herd instincts. // Electronics Weekly;7/28/2004, Issue 2157, p3
It's not very often, or for very long, that anyone has a clear view of prospects for the semiconductor industry but, last week, the consensus view suffered a shock. In the middle of what looked like a normal industry upswing, the industry ran into a murk. Intel Corp. found it had too many unsold...
- Flip-Chip on the March. Barrett, Kelly // Electronic News;01/15/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the emergence of flip-chip package and the assembly of integrated circuits on laminate substrates in the United States. Key advantage of flip-chip products; Benefits of lower-cost laminates; Information on the Pentium chip from Intel Corp.
- Universal Instruments Adds Machine To Place It All. // Electronic News;03/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2259, p40
Introduces Universal Instruments' GSM-FlexJet, which claimed to be capable of high-speed placement of both chips and large parts on a single platform. Reason for its creation; Comment from Jeroen Schmits, vice president of Universal's Surface Mount division; Price range.
- Chip makers battle for customers. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p25
Reports on the competition among microprocessor and integrated circuit manufacturers in the United States. Dominance of Intel Corp. in the mobile computer market; Key features of Intel's experimental chip; Reaction of Texas Instruments to Intel's chip; Alliance between Agere Systems and RF...
- Damn the Economics, Full Speed Ahead. Chappell, Jeff // Electronic News;7/21/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 29, pN.PAG
Presents an update on the activities at the semiconductor industry as of July 21, 2003. Product announcements of United Microelectronics Corp. and Toshiba; Production of Intel Corp.; Launch of the etch chambers or systems from Applied Materials Inc. and Nikon Corp.
- Intel inks primary EDA supplier agreement with Synopsys. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;8/13/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 33, p17
The article announces the selection of Synopsys Inc. as the primary electronic design automation (EDA) supplier for chipmaker Intel Corp. The two companies signed a commercial and technology agreement under which they will closely collaborate on advanced design flows. The significance of the...