MAPICS, Georgia Tech Pilot Program for Electronics Manufacturers
- Vero and MIRDC collaborate. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);10/ 5/2012, p244
The article reports on an agreement entered by Vero Software with the Metal Industries Research and Development Centre (MIRDC) of Taiwan to link software solutions to the benefit of toolmakers in the region. As part of the agreement, MIRDC will link its enterprise resource planning (ERP)...
- ERP WARS: FOLLOW THE MONEY. // CRN;10/10/2005, Issue 1166, p47
This section presents a table showing forecasts related to the major sources of revenue in the computer industry for the next few years. The biggest source of revenue for the next few years will come via maintenance fees, as new license revenue is expected to remain flat. That is why the firm...
- A focus on collaborative processes. Harney, John // Knowledge Management;Dec/Jan2003, p6
Focuses on the proliferation of enterprise business suites that focus on collaborative processes and tasks that classify, locate, manage and repurpose and route content from throughout the enterprise. Aim of improving productivity while enhancing production-grade functionality; Content...
- Advocating An End-User/Open Source Approach To Enterprise Resource Planning Software. Glass, Robert L. // Software Practitioner;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reviews the article "End Users at the Bazaar: Designing Next-Generation Enterprise Resource Planning Systems," by Christian Dorner, Sebastian Draxler, Volkmar Pipek and Volkur Wulf, which appeared in the September 2009 special issue of "IEEE Software."
- HR is the favoured upgrade. // Works Management;May2003, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p10
Cites the result of a study pertaining to the types of computer software that information technology and finance heads are planning to add to their enterprise resource program systems. Human resources module; Customer relationship management; Warehousing/logistics.
- Corporate Portals Open Up ERP. Goth, Greg // IT Professional;Mar/Apr1999, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p7
Reports that the 'corporate portal' is being touted as a better means to connect enterprise resource planning systems. Bridge between internal corporate applications, and Internet and extranet sites; Features of the portals; Growth of electronic commerce.
- Introduction. Hollander, Nathan // Guide to Software Package Evaluation & Selection;2000, pvii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and selecting software packages.
- SAP: the climb gets easier. Adshead, Antony // Computer Weekly;12/12/2002, p26
Focuses on the problems faced by software company to implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package known as SAP. Delay in deliveries as a result of SAP implementation; Prerequisites of ERP implementation; Growth in demand for SAP skills; Pitfalls of ERP implementation.
- Patience Pays Off for MAPICS in Its Efforts To Buy Frontstep. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of Frontstep Inc. by software company MAPICS Inc. on February 18, 2003. Value of the deal; Reason for the acquisition; Financial status of Frontstep in 2002.