Universal Instruments Hits the Road with Five Traveling Shows
- Binghamton electronics firm to lose 155 jobs. Fitting, Beth // Business Journal (Central New York);10/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p1
Reports that Binghamton, New York-based electronics firm Universal Instruments Corp., is reducing its workforce in connection with a business restructuring. Goal to offset growth from the technology boom.
- The package. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;07/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2226, p40
Reports that Sincotron Polska was chosen by Universal Instruments as its industrial electronics sales representative in Warsaw, Poland as part of its Eastern European support network expansion into the country. Branch offices operated by Universal in Bratislava, Slovakia and Germany; Comment by...
- Frost & Sullivan Honors Universal Instruments. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p17
The article announces the award given to Universal Instruments for the 2005 Frost & Sullivan Technology Award. The company was a recipient of the award for the work in the SMT placement equipment market, specifically its Lighting placement head. Once it is used with the Genesis platform, the...
- Strength in a Downturn. Numakura, Dominique K. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Mar2005, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p42
Presents information on the InterNepcom trade show which was held at Tokyo International Center in Japan on January 18-20, 2005. Goal of the trade show; Information on the suppliers that participated in the trade show; Topics discussed in the trade show.
- This Trend Won't Stay in Vegas. Casachhia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;1/23/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
Information about the International Consumer Electronics Show featuring demonstrations by networking equipment manufacturer D-Link Systems Inc., chipmaker Broadcom Corp. and other local companies held in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Universal Standardizes Pricing and Logistics. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the standardization of the aftermarket product pricing and logistics options of the Binghamton, New York-based electronics company, Universal Instruments. Increase in sales and distribution operations; Direct sales efforts of the company; Elimination of regional pricing confusion and...
- NET gain. // Circuits Assembly;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Presents address of Web sites related to electronic industries. Launch of a Web-based electromagnetic tool by ETL Semko division of Intertek Testing Services; Shopping cart feature added by Universal Instruments to its Web site; Redesign of Web site by Soldering Technology International.
- Setting the Foundations. Vardaman, E. Jan // Circuits Assembly;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p18
Analyzes the growth of semiconductor manufacturing industry infrastructure in China. Percentage increase in China's consumption of integrated circuits in 2002; Expansion planned by Intel Corp. in the Shanghai area; Board-level assembly operations opened by Universal Instruments in China.
- news. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p20
Reports developments related to electronic industry in the U.S. as of August 2003. Partnership of Universal Instruments with Asymtek Inc. to market Asymtek Millenium 2020 dispenser; Introduction of a moisture-sensitive devices diagnostic program that allows OEMs and contract electronic...